Producer – Innovation
Lowe’s Innovation Labs is what’s next for home improvement retail. With a focus on emerging technologies – ranging from 3D visualization to mixed reality to robotics to things we can’t talk about right now – our team accelerates the experiences that customers expect today and develops the capabilities that power tomorrow.
Our Ecosystem team, headquartered in Mooresville, NC, is responsible for developing relationships with startups, universities, global technology companies and more – all to deliver breakthrough concepts and programs that fuel our innovation portfolio; to build a world-class innovation brand; and to generate a competitive advantage for Lowe’s through ‘ground-level market insights.
The Producer is responsible for the end-to-end execution of key Ecosystem programs and projects and plays a role in managing processes that support Lowe’s Innovation Labs’ Mooresville and Charlotte operations. Over the course of a year, this individual owns several distinct Ecosystem projects, ranging from narrative proofs-of-concept that showcase the far future of home improvement retail to the execution of accelerator programs to the development of key creative brand assets. The Producer also partners with Lowe’s Innovation Labs’ product management team to support the execution of critical technology proofs-of-concept and pilots.
In addition to Ecosystem work, the Producer also develops and executes operational processes that enable Lowe’s Innovation Labs-Mooresville/Charlotte team to work with optimal transparency and accountability. This role reports to the Lead Producer, Ecosystem, and will be based in the Mooresville/Charlotte office.
• Owns the successful, on-time development and end-to-end execution of several Ecosystem projects
• Develops and owns ‘anchor’ processes for the team, including but not limited to monthly budgeting, vendor management and cross-team collaboration
• Recommends innovative solutions to reinvent or streamline existing internal processes
• Creates marketing and communications materials at the direction of the Brand Management team
• Coordinates on-site event presences at the direction of the Brand Management team
• Supports the execution of technology proofs-of-concept and pilots at the direction of the Product Management team
• Manages the creation of partner-led prototypes and concept videos
• Researches and generates perspective papers on critical technology areas, including AR/VR/XR, robotics, future home, AI, and more
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3 years of business experience
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience leading the execution of innovation-oriented and/or interactive creative experiences
• Deeply held passion for emerging technology and ability to articulate a point-of-view around customer-friendly use cases with said technologies
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Previous work experience in a startup or corporate innovation environment
• Strong aesthetic judgment and taste
• Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams
• Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
• Subject matter expertise in one or more emerging technology fields (e.g. AR/VR/XR, Robotics, AI)
• Expertise in Office 365 and/or proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite