Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager is responsible for setting and executing Bojangles’ social media strategy and overseeing all social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, as well as launching the brand in emerging platforms. This professional will help concept and distribute engaging social content and activations, alongside in-house content creators and agency partners. They also will run Bojangles community management by interacting with customers on social channels to keep the communities engaged and growing.
This professional must know and understand the irreverent, down-to-earth and straight shooter voice of the Bojangles brand. They must also have an enthusiasm for pop culture, sports, entertainment, music, and the ability to look for real-time marketing opportunities and develop ideas that will nurture existing fans and breakthrough to new audiences.
The social media manager will work closely with the brand marketing team, agency partners and content creators to implement social media campaigns, measure performance and improve results.
This role reports to the Sr. Director of Communications and will support the strategic business objectives of Bojangles and is in constant communication with the brand marketing team to understand marketing objectives and coordinate social media campaigns related to new product announcements, brand campaigns, marketing and PR activations, sports sponsorships and more.
• Lead the development and execution of the brand’s social media strategy and monthly content calendar across all channels – 25%
• Manage the day-to-day social media accounts and oversee community management, which includes interacting with followers, answering customer questions, assigning customer complaints and looking for real-time marketing opportunities and signals – 25%
• Closely collaborate with the brand marketing team, agency partners and content creators to ensure social media campaigns and concepts are aligned with the brand voice and integrated to support established marketing objectives for new product launches, brand campaigns, sports sponsorships, frontier marketing plans, etc. – 25%
• Identify and track social media KPIs (awareness, engagement, trends, etc.) and provide regular analysis and social metric reporting followed with important insights and key learning – 10%
• Keep a pulse on social media trends and platforms that offer new ways for the brand to maintain a modern, relevant presence – 5%
• Advise and support franchisees with social media requests and content as needed – 5%
• Work closely with the Communications and crisis response teams to monitor, strategize, and respond to crises/issues that pop up in social media – 5%
Communicates with impact
• Presents information and ideas in a thoughtful and compelling manner
• Is clear and concise in verbal and written communications
• Shares information freely and speaks openly and honestly
• Seeks to understand the perspectives of others
• Sees emerging patterns and opportunities
• Adapts quickly and easily to new information, changing conditions or unexpected events
• Facilitates and communicates changes across the team of the organization to drive adoption
Solves problems and makes good decisions
• Evaluates critical information needed to understand problems, determine probable causes and develop workable solutions
• Accurately assesses the costs, benefits and risks associated with courses of action and makes high-quality and timely decisions
Lives our values
Behaves in a way that consistently demonstrates a commitment to Bojangles’ values (Hard work, Teamwork, Harmony, Listen and Respect)
Drives and delivers results
Sets clear priorities takes action, stays focused and overcomes barriers to deliver expected results.
Information security and compliance
• Demonstrates understanding of Bojangles’ policies, procedures, and external regulatory requirements, and performs duties in accordance with such regulatory requirements
• Assures confidentiality and security of all data
• Demonstrates the skills, knowledge and ability to ensure that our environment is a safe one, complying with industry standards
Experience and requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications and/or related area of study
• Minimum 4 years of experience managing social media accounts with 100k+ followers, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch, TikTok, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.), their unique audiences, emerging platforms and how to use them to maximize branding and marketing efforts
• Previous experience with retail or restaurant brands is a plus
• In-depth knowledge of analytics software, content management systems and SEO tools
• Proficiency with multi-social posting platforms such as Sprinklr and Hootsuite
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively with a variety of business partners (both internal and external)
• Ability to interact with various levels of stakeholders
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, nights, weekends and holidays