If you want to learn and grow with a great team and a fun brand, we’d love to speak with you about joining our Schleich USA team in Charlotte, NC. We’re in need of a full-time Sales Coordinator to provide general and administrative support to Account Managers across multiple customer channels in our growing figurine and playset business. The candidate who will best fit this role is a curious quick learner with a customer-focused mindset and a high bar for performance.
The assignment will be on-site at our open-floor-plan office of 40 people at 10000 Twin Lakes Parkway, Suite A Charlotte, NC 28269 and all new office hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID prior to beginning the assignment. We are currently following local guidance related to mask-wearing and social distancing as well as offering incentives for employees to be vaccinated against COVID.
Although Sales Coordinators report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, their main accountability is to Account Managers, working alongside them in a variety of execution and administrative support activities. This job is performed at a computer, communicating with other internal teams, on the phone or over email with customers and agents, in retail stores to confirm our or our competitors’ set-up, and sometimes working in our warehouse to get samples or prepare for trade shows. No two days will be the same! Ultimately, you will contribute to creating and maintaining mutually beneficial customer relationships and ensuring smooth sales team operations.
This role is integral to our success and provides plenty of potential for individual and professional growth. There’s a mix of formal training and on-the-job learning and you’ll attend many of the same meetings as Account Managers and other internal teams, so plan to get a realistic job preview of other opportunities at Schleich!
• Link directly to the Marketing department to create sell sheets and sales samples, brainstorm campaigns, and design/execute retail in-store activities
• Effectively use Microsoft Excel and other resources to create accurate and insightful reports that guide the business
• Work face-to-face with other teams, such as Analytics, Operations, and Customer Service, on a daily basis in the execution of your duties
• Work on special projects or on Schleich Strike Teams in various capacities in support of multiple business channels, both eCommerce and Brick & Mortar
• Assist with planning and execution of trade shows; everything from event planning to packing crates, then running the show with full set-up/tear-down activities
• Create optimized Planograms
• Ensure order and delivery of samples or programs/displays
• Create item setups and master the use of customer web portals
• Interact with customers by phone and email to provide excellent service and quick turnarounds
• Multi-task to perform a myriad of support tasks as needed
• Up to 15% travel – local trade runs, out-of-state trade shows or customer visits
Experience and requirements:
• Strong commercial acumen and initiative are important, with previous experience in a sales environment preferred (inside and/or outside sales)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v look-ups, etc.)
• Strong organizational skills and attention to the appropriate level of detail
• Self-starter/quick learner, but knows when to ask questions
• Mental agility and resilience to adapt to multiple and changing tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Plays well with others (good interpersonal skills), but can also work independently
• Excellent English communication skills, oral and written
• Office environment and “in the field” work will sometimes require long hours on your feet, bending, lifting, reaching, crouching, or working in non-climate-controlled environments
• Domestic travel required to meet customer needs – tradeshows, vendor or store visits, etc. This can mean early starts and late evenings
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Schleich is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.