Junior Accounting Analyst
The Accounting Analyst is an entry-level position that will allow the selected candidate the opportunity to be exposed to various accounting competencies within the organization, steady growth and future advancement opportunities. Initially, the position will be exposed to basic accounting functions such as Accounts Payable support, Accounts Receivable support, various sales/use/fuels tax reporting and cost accounting.
The position will also provide support for various compliance responsibilities such as EEO reporting and risk management. As these functions are mastered, the accounting associate may earn the opportunity to take on additional analytics projects, job cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, etc. The ideal candidate should demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office products, and the ability to learn various accounting applications and participate in the implementation of new technology
• Assume responsibility for the timeliness and the accuracy of accounts payable invoice input
• Contact vendors and employees to follow up on outstanding invoice balances
• Handle other A/P-related administrative responsibilities as assigned
• Set up jobs and contracts in accounting software
• Expected to meet strict deadlines for customer reporting and month-end close
• Reconciles analyzes cost variances while working with analysts to improve system processes and resolving discrepancies
• Reviews budgeting and forecasting for business line margin analysis
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
• Ability to take necessary steps to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
• Participate in manufacturing meetings to ensure kept abreast of company happenings
• Actively role model all company policies and procedures
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with Operations, Managers, Supervisors and employees
• Ability to implement and follow through with Standard Operating Procedures for recycling programs
• Strategic Thinking
• Results Driven
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Business Acumen
• Decision Making
• Performance Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Financial Management
• Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to be on call or work off-hours as needed
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail and organizational abilities
• Superior analytical/problem solving, written and verbal communications
Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.