Sr. Data Analyst
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a globally integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
• Develop, build and test data engineering pipelines
• Work closely with business and technology colleagues to create platforms built using modern, consumer-focused technologies
• SQL skills for data profiling and analysis, and ability to reverse engineer existing databases with minimal assistance
• Leverage ELT (Extract-Load-Transform) and distributed data mesh architecture to transform the way we manage data in the organization
• Support data requests/projects and helps to interpret data sets
• Perform ad-hoc data/process analysis as needed
¨Participate in Agile scrum teams and contribute to project planning and work prioritization
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, MIS, or another related field.
• 2+ years of hands-on data engineering experience
• Cloud-based data engineering experience including cloud data warehouses a plus
• Passion for end to end solutions and delighting the end-user through effective listening and expectation management
• Experience with SQL a must, experience with Data Reporting tools a plus
• Strong experience working in Agile environments
• Ability to coordinate and assist teams to resolve complex analytical and technical issues
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to translate technical concepts to business concepts and vice versa
• Client-focused, proactive, and results-oriented