The striking Dimensional Place building at the corner of Tryon, Camden and Summit in South End will soon be home to three new restaurants, joining the existing Blacow Burger.
Why it matters: The modern glass-paned high-rise — and its mix of local operators and new-to-market concepts — is an unmistakable departure from the old Common Market that once sat there.
- Today, Foundry Commercial’s Keely Hines tells me the incoming restaurants add to what’s already booming in South End: “It’s just a destination of great restaurants and bars.”
[Related Axios guide: 32 things to do, eat, and drink in South End]
What to expect: Sprawling over 14,000 square feet of street-level retail, each restaurant brings something unique to the block. All will open by mid-2022.
- Blacow Burger – The Fort Mill-based restaurant opened in fall 2020, serving sushi and Asian-inspired burgers. Must-try item is the Wagyu Blacow burger ($13). Read more here, via Axios.
- Early Girl Eatery – Popular Asheville breakfast spot Early Girl Eatery is planning a cozy farm-to-table restaurant in a 3,635-square-foot space. Read more here, via Axios.
- The Salty Donut – The edgy donut shop and coffee bar has locations in Miami, Austin, Orlando and Dallas. They’re known for their super-soft 24-hour brioche donuts.
- Condado Tacos – The biggest of all four restaurants, Ohio-based Condado has 27 locations open or about to open in the U.S., primarily in the midwest. Read more here, via CBJ.
What’s next: Hines says they still have one space left to fill — a 1,633-square-foot space designed for retail, not food. She’s hoping for something like a stationary store, a hair salon or anything locally owned and oriented toward service or retail.
[Related Axios guide: The most-anticipated new restaurants and bars in 2021]
Location: The storefronts line Camden, Park and Tryon near the Bland light rail stop in South End.
Timeline: Early Girl Eatery will open in late 2021 or early 2022, and Condado Tacos will open in mid-2022. The Salty Donut’s opening is TBA.