Facility Technician – 3rd Shift – Temporary
The Facility Technician is responsible for the safety of the facility and the residents at all times. The Facilities Tech collaborates with staff to ensure that all needs of residents are met and that the values and guidelines of the program are upheld. This position will provide coverage for permanent staff as needed to cover vacation and sick time. Flexibility and availability are a must for this position. The technician works with a team of co-workers and professionals to provide quality care and support for residents actively involved in a Christian, 12 Step recovery program for women with substance use disorders.
This is a temporary full-time position.
• Monitor and document facility activity, room checks, boutique entry, significant events during the shift, etc
• Perform resident room rounds every 1-2 hours
• Provide transportation when scheduled and when directed by supervisor, maintaining gas receipts and reporting vehicle issues as needed
• Monitor security cameras to assure resident safety; respond to the entry calls when needed
• Review and monitor resident passes for leaving and returning to the facility
• Complete resident personal items check, complete urine test or alcohol breathalyzer as directed or if reasonable cause
• Perform and document monthly room checks as assigned
• Train and become proficient at medication administration under the direction of nursing staff in order to fill in as needed
• Complete general clerical duties which include but are not limited to filing, copying, posting, messages
• Maintain resident supplies and assist with distribution
• Keep order and cleanliness in the Tech Office and Staff Work Room
• Conduct morning checks of morning meditation, evening wrap up, or Saturday morning huddle depending on shift
• Document events of shift into “shift notes”
• Give accountment of shift to the oncoming Facility Technician
• Other duties as assigned
All Facility Technicians may be required to provide inclement weather and emergency coverage as needed and requested, as well as providing their contact information. It is the responsibility of the Facility Technician to monitor the weather and other conditions and to be prepared to move into emergency mode as conditions dictate.
• High School or GED
• Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Experience working with Individuals with Substance Use Disorder is preferred
• Good communication and listening skills
• Basic clerical and computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Must have a disciplined approach to tasks
• Must be able to respond properly in emergency situations
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
• Must be able to sit, stand, talk, walk and climb stairs for long periods of time
Charlotte Rescue Mission maintains a Christian working environment as a Christ-centered residential drug and alcohol recovery program where integrity, honesty, concern for others and good team relations play a critical role in the success of the ministry. All employees are expected to share their personal hope of Christ with those with whom come in thought, word and deed.