Assistant Food and Beverage Director
The Duke Mansion is a nonprofit created and operated by The Lynnwood Foundation which also created and operates the Lee Institute. Built in 1915 and tripled by its most famous owner James Buchanan Duke, the Duke Mansion has been home and host to leaders of the 20th century. Duke’s most lasting legacies, including Duke University, Duke Energy and the Duke Endowment, took shape at the home. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Duke Mansion is operated as a nonprofit with all proceeds being used to preserve and protect this community treasure.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the overall management of foodservice operations in a medium to large volume location, keeping with all corporate and brand standards. You will maximize profitability, as well as guest and associate satisfaction. You will ensure the development and execution of strategic sales and marketing initiatives.
The Assistant Food and Beverage Director is responsible for supporting the Director of Food and Beverage with the management of food service, events, banquet staff and bartenders. The Assistant Food and Beverage Director assures guest satisfaction through proper food and beverage service and presentation, attending to guests’ needs, and providing the highest quality service.
• Assists Food and Beverage Director with managing foodservice operations in accordance with the approved budget while providing the client with the maximum value for the dollars spent
• Ensures the food offered to the client, customers, and associates of the operation is of superior quality
• Supervises daily Food and Beverage shift operation and ensures compliance with all Food and Beverage policies, standards and procedures
• Maintains excellent relationships with associates, guests and clients, as well as, other departments within the operation
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
• Stays readily available and approachable for all team members
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention
• Computer savvy and detail orientated
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills. Flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
• Assists with purchasing and inventory
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 2 to 4 years of foodservice management experience
• Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations
• Comprehensive knowledge of food
• Financial experience and business acumen skills
• ServSafe Certification is preferred
• Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet
• Associate’s degree is preferred
$45,000, plus benefits.
Please email Becky Sagadin at firstname.lastname@example.org