Senior Treasury Analyst
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we. When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Senior Treasury Analyst at Albemarle is responsible to help the company maximize shareholder value by delivering the appropriate finance solutions to our businesses.
The Senior Treasury Analyst position has broad responsibility that includes providing support for treasury systems and technology. The Senior Treasury Analyst will interact with a wide spectrum of internal stakeholders including Treasury, IT, Controllers, Tax, Legal, Audit, Business Finance, as well as external banking partners. The position offers significant exposure to our global businesses and visibility to senior management.
The individual is responsible for supporting a variety of treasury initiatives which may include system configuration, data analytics, financial systems support and supporting analysis of treasury activities as requested. This individual will lead and serve on various project teams and will have excellent process improvement, business acumen, and technical skills to support a variety of activities, including information systems and complex modeling and operational controls. The successful individual is familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the Treasury field, relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, performs various tasks and can work independently with limited supervision. The individual proactively reviews current processes and makes recommendations for improvements based on industry best practices.
Adhere to Albemarle Policies and Procedures and follow the company Code of Conduct.
• Support Treasury’s technology implementation projects leveraging SAP including IT strategy, bank connectivity strategies (e.g. SWIFT, multi-bank reporting), vendor selections and treasury systems implementations
• Responsible for immediate SAP support and production issues. Perform testing of S4 and related financial systems including security
• Responsible for documentation of existing and new SAP Applications. Work with user community/business process owners to understand and help document new requirements
• Build and maintain awareness of leading treasury practices/technology, identifying and recommending opportunities to advance the department toward best in class, including RPA, process automation, and digitalization strategy for Treasury worldwide
• Work with managers to understand the banking requirements of the operations to develop and implement cash management operational strategies and continuously improve treasury operations
• Design reporting packages related to project status, banking partner SLAs, and KPI metrics providing detailed visibility into your projects
• Monitor and manage communications between various internal and external parties regarding treasury activities, questions or problems; respond and resolve inquiries in a timely manner
• Support analysis and implementation related to various treasury projects, including lead or facilitate the projects, as required
• Interaction with financial institutions including cash operations, data interconnection and organizational challenges. Coordinate communications between banks and the business
• Maintain and implement a strong treasury control environment to ensure continuous compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Supports enhancement and monitoring of the Company’s internal controls environment governing Treasury
• Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the internal controls and efficiencies in cash management and treasury processes
• Liaise with business and technology partners, and assist project leads in developing a strong knowledge of the business and system workflow
• Assist in coordinating and conducting tests and program implementations test assignments, and confirm the results with business users
• Support the development of enhancements in ERP system to further automate workflows and reporting to create a more agile technology infrastructure
• Monitor and manage the communications between various internal and external people regarding treasury activities, questions or problems. Respond and resolve inquiries in a timely manner
• Create, maintain and improve Treasury operational policies and procedures
• Lead and facilitate certain Treasury projects, as needed
• Serve as a backup to other financial services activities including intercompany loan management and bank administration
• Any Treasury duties or projects as assigned
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional with the following attributes:
• A record indicating a high level of analytical ability that enables the person to think independently and propose thoughtful recommendations that add value through process improvements with an aptitude for technology and data analytics
• Must be a team player and highly energetic, able to operate at a high level in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Possess a strong work ethic and the drive to become a financial leader within the company
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
• High level of intellectual curiosity with the ability to see the big picture while maintaining attention to detail
• Ability to focus on essentials and prioritize appropriately
• Experience in extraction and manipulation of data from ERP systems, including working with RPA technology software preferred
• Configuration experience with a Treasury Management System (SAP S/4 Hana is preferred)
• Broad experience in Treasury and sound accounting knowledge
• Advanced skill with the full suite of Microsoft Office products
• Experience in any of the following desirable: Corporate Treasury, Commercial/Investment Banking, Financial Consulting, Business Operations Finance
• Certified Treasury Professional designation preferred but not required
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study with at least 5 years of related experience.