Marketing & Social Media Coordinator, Charlotte Center
Wake Forest University Pre-College Programs are committed to delivering inspiring and impactful educational experiences for students in middle and high school that will complement their academic and career discovery. The ideal candidate will have a great attitude and driven personality to integrate with our team to employ all marketing initiatives.
The Marketing + Social Media Content Coordinator will play an integral role by creating marketing content, utilizing graphic design, copywriting, managing email campaigns using a CRM Slate, manage our social media platforms, video editing and website support to drive the recruitment, and enrollment of the Summer Immersion Program, Summer Exploration Program as well as the College LAUNCH Program. The ideal candidate will be an innovative content creator with an eye for design and cohesive, creative branding.
• Serves as the primary copywriter and content creator for the Pre-College Programs department
• Creates marketing and recruiting email campaigns to attract potential students to ensure the Pre-College Programs meet the desired enrollment goals annually
• Design and deploy digital marketing ad campaigns
• Design clean and creative templates for schedules and marketing materials including flyers, brochures, newsletters, reports and all digital and printed marketing collateral
• Create, writes and publishes content for all major social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and LinkedIn)
• Creates and designs web content and updates all Pre-College Program websites as needed
• Designs, edits and produces promotional videos for all Pre-College Programs and adhoc videos as needed to highlight programming such as Senior Signing Day, Graduation, etc
• Compiles data, analyzes and reports on social media use, specifically as it pertains to organic and paid advertising efforts
• Provides consistent and quality communication via email and phone with students, parents, counselors and school staff from time of interest through completion of the program
• Creates and delivers enthusiastic and educational presentations to individuals, groups in high schools and at events within an assigned market.
• Assists in program operations for all Pre-College Programs which includes evening and Saturday work as needed.
• Maintains applicant database and CRM for the purposes of tracking data and all related statistical information.
• Required to work one Saturday per month (September – May) to assist College LAUNCH for Leadership.
• Required to assist with the Summer Immersion Program, Summer Exploration Program and College LAUNCH for Leadership as needed (June – August).
• Assists with other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree with professional marketing experience. Marketing major preferred
• Proficient in graphic design and web software including Adobe Suite, Photoshop InDesign, Microsoft Office (Excel PowerPoint and Word), WordPress, Keynote, FileMaker Pro and Publisher and Google Applications
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
• Ability to create engaging content and utilize social media to attract followers/customers
• Strong eye for design and branding skills
• Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines
• Demonstrated problem solver
• Detail-oriented and team player
• Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a cooperative and collaborative manner
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of records and information
Experience and educations:
• Experience in marketing or sales/marketing support
• Experience in organic and paid social media management and marketing
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.