Product Director, Money
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
U.S. News & World Report is seeking an experienced Product Director to lead the charge in optimizing and growing the credit cards, loans and banking audience in the Money vertical, focusing closely on data to ensure user engagement is maximized across the products.
• Responsible for credit cards, loans and banking across key metrics of traffic, conversion and revenue development
• Define segment product vision, strategy and roadmaps that deliver customer benefits while staying focused on driving revenue results and managing against the P&L
• Manage, develop and grow existing product team, including product managers, functional contributors, interns and off-shore resources to execute business strategy across a rapidly growing portfolio of 5+ product lines. Includes hands-on conceiving and building of potential areas of business
• Inspire and lead cross-functional teams to improve productivity and grow the business
• Communicate strategy effectively to a diverse audience including executive management and business partners
• Drive the organization to deliver on short term goals while balancing long term strategic vision
• 10+ years of relevant work experience inclusive of 2+ years progressive leadership experience
• Highly quantitative, analytical, and business-minded with a data-driven approach to decision making
• Experience in growing and building traffic, revenue, or other adjacent metrics
• A proven track record of working with different business units across a company while bringing teams together for a common vision and goals
• Experience at a startup, customer/partner facing role & an understanding of how revenue works
• Masters in Business Administration or similar education
What it’s like to work with us:
• Talent is our best asset
• We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
• Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
• Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
• Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers