Customer Success Associate
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position, you will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills to grow our business.
This hands-on role is ideal for someone with a strong background in B2B sales, client relations, marketing strategy, as well as exposure to working with product teams. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with an entrepreneurial attitude. This position will directly contribute to the success of a completely new business at U.S. News – Financial Connect.
Expect a startup vibe where you’ll have the chance to get your hands dirty, likely wearing multiple hats on a given day. Your role will be heavily-focused on Sales and Customer retention but you can also expect to learn about financial advisory services, product management, marketing, and technology.
• Responsible for outreach to grow the financial advisor customer base and revenue
• Interact with financial advisors via phone (inbound and outbound), email, and SMS text
• Educate and maintain relationships with financial advisors – help them through their onboarding process and make recommendations on how we can improve the overall experience – customer success
• Leverage customer service skills and scripted talking points to deliver personalized service
• Translate feedback into product enhancements and communicate them to the team
• Document all customer interactions and outcomes in our internal CRM
• Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets
• Deep focus on customer success and measuring it
• Other projects and duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s or associate degree or equivalent
• 1-3 years sales or account management experience
• Experience with multi-channel support and outreach (call, email, SMS, social media)
• Familiarity with using CRM systems. Will train
• Extremely strong communication skills and a great phone presence
• Strong email writing skills with attention to detail
• Ability to learn, quickly adapt based on user and business needs
• Comfortable in the fast-paced, high growth environment of a startup
• Organized, detail-oriented, and excellent time-management skills
• Experience collaborating with product management teams
• Experience in the digital media industry
• Proficiency in using a CRM, preferably Zoho
• B2B sales experience
What it’s like to work with us:
• Talent is our best asset. We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
• Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
• Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
• Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers