Sr. UI/UX Designer (US Remote)
Jackrabbit Technologies is the leading provider of software and services that help youth activity centers — gymnastics, dance, cheer, swim, music, childcare, and others — grow and operate efficiently. We are an entrepreneurial-minded, rapidly-growing SaaS company that has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in North Carolina and one of North Carolina’s Top Industry-Driven Technology Companies. Jackrabbit Technologies’ SaaS solution powers over 6500 clients in 30 countries around the world.
Our culture empowers YOU.
We hire people passionate about what they do, provide them with the tools to succeed, and then get out of their way! Living our vision, mission, and values, our people are what make Jackrabbit Technologies an awesome place to work. And that “awesome place” is virtual–all of our employees enjoy the privilege of working 100% remotely. We always have and always will! So, you must have high-speed internet. We are interested in speaking to qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the U.S. We are not able to sponsor visas.
We are looking for a positive force to lead our UI efforts, to create and improve the visual experience and usability of our products across two distinct product lines. The ideal candidate has an eye for clean and artful design, possesses superior UI skills and is able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
• Collaborate with other creative teammates to create concepts, interface sketches, wireframes and prototypes
• Work closely with the product analysts and users to understand and clearly define user goals, user scenarios, feature benefits, and flows
• Create conceptual designs and interactive prototypes with a focus on usability and creating an optimal user experience
• Develop and document detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces, including: user stories, UI guidelines, app maps, user flows, annotated wireframes and hi-fidelity storyboards
• Communicate, specify and describe your designs to researchers, developers, testers, project managers, senior leadership and other designers without ambiguity and within deadlines
• Strike the right balance between UX best practices, practical constraints, and unique attributes of the industries we serve
• Participate in user research efforts and evaluate user feedback
• Bring a user-centric design approach and attention to detail to all work you produce
• Be open to feedback and suggestions, collaborate with the team to iterate and refine designs based on client, user and stakeholder feedback, and bring options to the table
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and work with a large team on multiple projects across two distinct products, in an often fast-paced environment with deadlines
• Ability to travel up to 10% (Charlotte-based)/25% (non-Charlotte-based)
What you’re about:
Curious, Collaborative, Empathetic. If these words describe you and you’re a seasoned User Experience Designer who is looking to work for a virtual company that’s big on culture and building great, innovative solutions, we want to talk to you. You have passion and experience powering client success by innovating industry-leading user experiences. You love talking to users, stakeholders and experts to dig in, deeply understand the jobs they are doing and the problems we can help them solve. You are able to easily grasp complex business problems and are able to break them down into designs that make our user’s lives easier, better and more productive. As a member of the product team, you will lead our design direction and collaborate with others to deliver high-impact user experiences.
Experience and requirements:
• 4+ years of professional experience and a proven track record of designing interfaces for web and mobile
• Portfolio demonstrating strong visual and UX design of large-scale, complex systems
• Ability to produce functional prototypes
• Keen to gain understanding and empathy towards users and communities that Jackrabbit serves
• Experience with Figma
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Desired: Comfortable writing HTML, CSS, and SASS and occasionally delivering dev-ready code. Familiarity with Tailwind Css/utility-first CSS
• Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of common software project management practices and common software development practices
• Willingness to learn new tools, technologies, processes and be able to adapt to differences between teams.
• Humor, humility, and curiosity
• Willing to work East Coast hours
Jackrabbit Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.