Lead Software Engineer; Full-Stack (Java/Microservices)
As the Lead Software Engineer, you will be utilizing technical, leadership, and collaboration skills to achieve goals and work across portfolios within an Agile environment.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide consultation and technical direction on translating business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs. This includes facilitating the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure the successful deployment of released applications. This role serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions. In addition, this role personally develops and delivers code modules, stable application systems, and integrated enterprise software solutions within various computing environments.
• Resolves complex problems spanning multiple applications to drive improvements across portfolios; leads projects with significant business implications, participates in planning and priority estimates, and advises Software Engineers; executes with limited guidance
• Leads the development of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions to ensure specifications are flexible, scalable, and maintainable and meet architectural standards
• Educates others on current architectural standards and guidelines to drive efficiency when leading the design efforts of complex business and enterprise software solutions
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for large, complex, cross-functional application initiatives by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Mentors and advises others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of the company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Communicates changes in software architecture and coaches’ others to apply this understanding to software solutions; resolves escalated issues
• Leads efforts to improve engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices
• Solves complex cross-functional architecture/design and business problems; solutions are extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
• Mentors and advises others, sharing an in-depth understanding of the company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 7 years of experience in software development or a related field
• 6 years of experience in database technologies
• 6 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying
development life cycles (SDLC)
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 7 years of experience in software development preferably using Java
• 5 years of experience in Microservices
• 6 years of experience working with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment tools (Jenkins, Gradle, GitHub, Helm, etc)
• 6 years of experience in database technologies such as Mongo DB (preferred), PostgreSQL, Cassandra
• 6 years of experience with Spring Boot
• 3 years of experience in system architecture. Ability to orchestrate and build out the right technology/solutions to support systems.
• 3 years of experience partnering and negotiating across other portfolio teams
• 6 years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
• 6 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
• 6 years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
• 4 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
• 4 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
• 6 years of experience working with source code control systems
• 6 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high-level design for complex solutions