Memory & Movement Charlotte is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join our exceptional team. MMC is a unique, not-for-profit mission-based medical practice offering diagnosis, treatment and support to patients and their families battling the full spectrum of memory and movement disorders. Our time and attention model provides in-depth, personalized care, education, and support to both patients and their caregivers.
Responsible for working closely with the physician(s) and physician assistant(s) to deliver care to patients by engaging with them and their caregivers to deliver both points of service and post-appointment care to patients with memory, mood, and/or movement disorders.
• Provide care for adult and/or geriatric population of patients with expertise in behavioral health and/or dementia care and/or movement disorders using the “Time and Attention” model
• Provide complete patient assessment, including gathering and assessing objective and subjective data from the patient and/or caregiver, and communicating findings to the physician or physician assistant
• Assists physicians with patient assessments, treatments, and procedures
• Conducts medication reconciliation, assesses patient and caregiver management of medications and patient compliance
• Provides counseling and instruction for patients and/or caregivers, promoting patient and/or caregiver independence by establishing care goals and teaching friends, and family to understand the condition, medications, and care required utilizing Take Charge concepts
• Provide post-appointment triage via phone and/or portal messages from the patient and/or caregiver, coordinating ongoing care with the physician, physician assistant, and outside resources as indicated
• Serves as liaison and coordinates care between physicians, care providers, patients, and patient representatives requiring effective communication skills
Education and experience:
• Completion of a 2-year associate degree or 4- to 5-year Bachelor of Science degree in nursing including a state registration examination license to practice nursing
• 2 years’ RN experience, neurology experience preferred
• Calm supportive demeanor with the ability to connect immediately with individuals in stressful situations
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Competitive salary and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401-k
• Generous PTO/holiday