We are a half day, play-based preschool serving children from ages 1 – 5 in the heart of the Myers Park neighborhood. We are currently looking for qualified Preschool/Toddler Teachers to help children reach their potential; socially, emotionally, spiritually, cognitively, and physically. We not only serve the children in our program, we also serve the families. We are building community in the classroom, with families, with staff and with the larger church community. You will be a part of a fun, supportive, creative staff of professionals. Our teachers must have a great love and patience for children. Compensation is based on an hourly rate, but teachers are paid a monthly salary. Paid holidays and PTO make this part time job unique.
• Plan a developmentally appropriate and creative program suitable for young children in line with the Creative Curriculum
• Facilitate and support children’s learning, play and development
• Observe each child and support them as they play
• Supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
• Communicate with parents regularly
• Collaborate with other staff members
• Maintain a well-organized classroom to benefit the development of children
• Experience in a preschool setting preferred
• Knowledge of child development and teaching techniques to use with young children
• Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
• Excellent communication skills
• Must work well with others on the team
• Must have a sense of wonder and be able to see the world through a child’s eyes
• Must like to PLAY
Email Susan Wade at email@example.com to request an application.