Help Desk Technician
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing first-tier technical support for the company and direct aid to the IS Manager with daily functions and tasks.
• First point of contact for providing technical support to users of desktops and laptops, both local and remote, all while escalating issues to the other technicians or IS Manager as needed
• Interact with employees, contractors, and clients to help resolve IS-related issues and provides solutions in a timely manner
• Create incidents from helpdesk calls and assign to the correct IS team member
• Provide basic diagnostics to identify problems, investigate causes, and implement solutions to correct failures
• Support infrastructure items such as computers, phones, and printers
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software related issues
• Manage and troubleshoot Microsoft products including, but not limited to, Windows 10, Office Desktop, and Office 365
• Participate in and execute new desktop, laptop, phone, and other related technology deployments
• Work with the IS Manager to help implement enhancements and new technologies
• Assist the IS Manager in ensuring that company assets are maintained, secured, and tracked responsibly
• Document IS processes
• User provisioning regarding the on and off-boarding of employees
• Availability during after-hours for operations issues requiring urgent handling, including planned IS project implementations
• The appropriate handling of sensitive and confidential communications and data
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including, but not limited to, Windows 10, Office Suites, and Office 365
• Excellent organizational, planning, and time-management skills
• Professional verbal and written communication skills for email or system communication
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively convey issues and ideas to all levels of employees
• Work collaboratively with all departments as well as function independently with minimal supervision
• Maintain confidential information in compliance with company policies
• Manage time well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment with the ability to meet deadlines
• Adapt to new or changing processes quickly and efficiently
Education and experience:
• Industry related certifications preferred, but not required
• 2+ years of IT/IS helpdesk experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a Help Desk/Service Desk environment
• Knowledge of Windows Server, Networking, VoIP, Cloud, SaaS, and general information security a plus
This position will have no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands and fingers. Climbing ladders to administer equipment will also occasionally be required.
No travel is expected.