Product Line Manager
As the Product Line Manager for Natural Dog Company, you will lead our efforts to develop and enhance products that our customers love. You will deliver differentiated products that address a market need and represent a viable business opportunity, whereby maximizing profitability for the company.
This position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and be responsible for product line management through all stages of the product life cycle with a heavy emphasis on new product development.
The Product Line Manager will work with marketing and sales leadership to ensure that products support brand-level forecasts, objectives, and initiatives as well as the overarching strategy and goals for the parent company, Elements Brands. The Product Line Manager will also work closely with the supply chain team and outside suppliers and manufacturers to ensure the highest quality products are delivered on schedule and within budgeted COGS.
In order to be effective in this position, the Product Line Manager must be a self-starter with a background in and core knowledge of marketing principles related to product positioning and lifecycle management as well as a firm understanding of areas of digital marketing such as SEM and digital advertising.
The optimal candidate is an analytical and tenacious problem-solver with the ability to apply marketing and product management knowledge to tangible solutions. As a systems-builder, you will integrate and oversee project management for production, manufacturing, and delivery to translate market research and product planning into fully realized physical products.
• Define the vision, strategy, and roadmaps for the development of new products
• Identify gaps to launch products based on customer demand, industry trends, competitor product offerings, and other relevant factors and data sources
• Gather data and calculate metrics to identify new product demand (keyword search volume, average customer new product adoption rate, budgeted advertising spend, etc.)
• Methodically analyze existing product positioning and determine necessary adjustments for optimal positioning (pricing, packaging, ingredients, messaging, etc.)
• Conduct SKU Rationalization analysis to determine which products to continue offering and which products to sunset based on demand, SKU complexity, lead times, etc
• Work with brand managers to understand the brand level vision, strategies, forecasts, and timelines to complement and enhance existing brand performance with product management capabilities
• Develop, implement, and maintain project timelines across multiple departments and communicate any significant changes or delays to all relevant stakeholders
• Work closely with marketing, sales, supply chain, and the warehouse team to hit goals and objectives
• Work with the supply chain team around the regulatory, formula, and testing requirements for proposed products
• Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses
• Tenacious, analytical problem-solving abilities
• DTC product management experience or comparable experience, CPG experience a plus
• Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
• Highly effective cross-departmental project management skills
• Demonstrable knowledge in SEM and digital advertising
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, product design, or a related field or commensurate work experience
Compensation & benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance- Fully paid employee premiums, family plans also available
• 401K with 4% company matching
• Paid time off – 15 days plus 12 paid holidays
• Paid parental leave
• Fitness stipend
• Flexible work environment