Mission, to prepare Spanish-speaking children for success in school and life by providing superior dual language, multi-cultural early childhood education. Charlotte-Mecklenburg is a place where differences in language and culture are mutually enriching, and all children have greater access to advantages and opportunities.
As one of the fastest emerging Latinx markets in the country, the Charlotte region has experienced significant change over the last two decades. Latinx individuals now make up nearly 15% of the Charlotte population, and that number continues to climb. Immigrants to the Charlotte region encounter a number of obstacles to success, which is particularly true for children entering the public school system. Without a quality preschool education, children enter Kindergarten 12-14 months behind, are half as likely to read proficiently in third grade and are four times as likely to drop out of high school on average.
Charlotte Bilingual Preschool (CltBP) has dedicated over 20 years to providing innovative, two-generation solutions for preparing Spanish-speaking children for success. Core programs include the only 5-star licensed dual-language Preschool Program in the state, Family Programs designed in partnership with families, and the national evidence-based ParentChild+ home visiting program. We also advocate for dual language learners at the local- and state-level. And we partner strategically to provide wraparound services such as family counseling, occupational therapy, and throughout the pandemic, basic needs support. In 2020, we also began partnering with Read Charlotte to hire and train Family Engagement Specialists from our family community to empower other families with tools to support their children’s literacy at home in a new Reading Bridge program.
Building on this momentum, CltBP’s board of directors approved a game-changing strategic plan in early 2020 that includes dramatic expansion over the next ten years, growing its impact to meet the needs of ten times as many children and their families annually. This plan calls for expanding reach through partnerships with other preschools, evolving the current preschool into a full-day early learning center, and developing a dual-education early learning workforce.
Reporting directly to the Principal, the Operations Manager supervises a Program Assistant and oversees day-to-day operations at the site, ensuring optimal customer service and compliance with state license/accreditation requirements, including maintaining our 5-star license. This individual is also responsible for managing all aspects of student enrollment and for administering a series of tuition/fund reimbursement programs, as well as ensuring that operations procedures are well documented, evaluated, and improved regularly to strengthen internal controls.
• Oversees day-to-day operations at the site to maintain our 5-star license and to comply with state license/accreditation requirements
• Ensures equipment, furniture, machines, utilities, security, common spaces, classrooms, and playground are well-maintained, clean, and available so programs run smoothly during daily operations and for special events
• Maintains the inventory of equipment, furniture, and materials
• Manages building repairs, improvements, and custodial services
• Manages all student drop-off and dismissal processes as well as emergency and safety procedures, including safety drills and training
• Supervises Program Assistant
• Administers Child Nutrition, MECK Pre-K Reimbursement, and Childcare Subsidy programs, preparing required reports and managing relationships with outside vendors, where needed
• Manages student pre-enrollment, admission and registration process, and serves as Power School Administrator
• Monitors and adheres to the Operations budget
• Develops, documents, and updates Operations policies and procedures to strengthen internal controls and drives implementation; also drives adoption of policies and procedures organization-wide
• Creates bi-monthly Operations board report
• Serves as team liaison for the board’s Operations Committee and IT subcommittee
• Maintains Operations Master Calendar
Qualifications and competencies:
• Track record of effective operations management
• Passion for dual language learners and their families and commitment to building a collaborative culture
• Demonstrated flexibility and resourcefulness
• Critical thinker and problem solver with a track record of utilizing data to improve outcomes
• Values diversity, equity, and cultural differences; demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity
• 4+ years of experience in education administrative leadership and/or nonprofit management
• Bilingual Spanish/English with fluent proficiency in reading and writing
• Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education or related field preferred or Associates Degree + 4 years related experience
• Proven track record of strong leadership and supervisory skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize with strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated professionalism in communications and ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• In-depth knowledge of diverse business operations functions and principles, in a nonprofit preferred
• Commitment to continuous professional development
• Proficient in data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• Proficient in MS Office, project management software, and data analysis tools
• Familiarity with PowerSchool is a plus
Visit https://www.bilingualpreschool.org/ – This is a full-time, year-round, exempt position. Direct all inquiries, nominations, and applications to email@example.com with subject line “Operations Manager.” To be considered, applications must include a resume and a compelling one-page cover letter explaining your interest and why you are a good fit for the role.