Patient Services Specialist
At OrthoCarolina, our team is our greatest asset and the foundation of our success; we share a common passion for making lives better. We are a diverse group of individuals, accountable to each other through the backbone of our beliefs: trust, honesty and mutual respect; ensuring our voice is heard. Our positive environment supports individual growth and a sense of belonging. Our employees work together to uphold the standards of excellence and promote an environment of teamwork throughout the organization. If these attributes align with the job culture you are seeking – then OrthoCarolina might be the right fit for you.
OrthoCarolina is one of the nation’s leading independent academic orthopedics practices serving North and South Carolina and the Southeast since 1922. OrthoCarolina provides compassionate and comprehensive musculoskeletal care including operative and non-operative care, diagnostic imaging and rehabilitative therapy. Widely known for musculoskeletal research and training, OrthoCarolina physicians have specialized expertise in foot and ankle, hip and knee, shoulder and elbow, spine, sports medicine, hand, pediatric orthopedics, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service. Over 300 OrthoCarolina providers see more than one million patient visits throughout western North Carolina each year.
We are currently searching for a Patient Services Specialist to join our team at our OrthoCarolina Ballantyne office location in Charlotte.
• Greets patients, prepares forms, collects, verifies and enters patient information into Centricity necessary for the timely and accurate processing of patient claims
• Prepares paperwork necessary for the patient visit
• Answers incoming phone calls and directs calls, makes appointments, performs Cashier duties as directed including posting of charges
• Collection of co-payments/co-insurance and balances due
• Follows the process for release of medical information and FMLA/disability forms completion as requested
• Competitive salary package
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Life insurance
• Short/Long term disability insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Voluntary Home/Auto insurance
• Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance
• Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft
• Health Advocate – Employee Benefit Resource
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Profit-sharing plan