The Gaston Community Foundation strengthens our county by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues. The Foundation’s vision is to be the leader of philanthropic giving by connecting donors with community needs to enhance the lives of present and future generations.
• Operate front desk client services: office reception including primary phone call answering, referral, and e-mail
• Provide general clerical support and scheduling coordination to President and Donor Development Officer
• Daily post office pick-up and mail processing
• Maintain inventory of office supplies
• Assist Financial Officer with donation letter preparation, check mailings, copies, maintaining check log and record filing
• Operation of Benefactors Memorial Program
• Preparation of miscellaneous mailings, reports, news releases as needed, including bi-annual Fund holder letters, Benefactor Memorial Program and Legacy Society members’ mailing
• Assist with meeting scheduling and conference room reservations for committees, Board meetings, and any other community meetings
• Prepare and publish Board and Committee meeting minutes
• Arrange for meetings by organizing agendas, attachments, and presentations
• Coordinate with office equipment vendors including telephone, website, computer system, copier
• Occasional assignments prior to or after standard 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. hours
• Minimum requirement two-year college diploma or prior experience with office administration
• Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Needs strong ability to set priorities and solve problems
• Outgoing personality and ability to interact with a variety of clients and constituents
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple projects with a high level of attention to detail
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Excellent relationship-building skills
• Ability to clearly understand the importance of confidentiality
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is preferred (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Interested individuals should send a cover letter expressing interest and current resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The starting annual salary will be $35,000-$40,000, based on experience, plus benefits. Benefits to include holidays/vacation, medical/dental, and retirement programs.
The Gaston Community Foundation values diversity and inclusion; therefore, we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our community.