If a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is what you like, the Construction Manager position is for you. The ideal candidate will demonstrate and provide oversight and leadership of the agency’s construction and remodel efforts as well as leadership of a team of in-house Facilities Technicians. This role must be the content expert on plumbing, mechanical and electrical repairs, new construction and remodels while keeping up to date with emerging building trends. This individual will have the ability to navigate and communicate with a diverse group of internal and external customers with exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills. Strong budget skills are required to manage multiple projects to include capital improvements and demonstrated operational fitness as it pertains to individual location needs. Ability to lead through nurturing relationships throughout the organization and influence results. Exceptional problem-solving skills and strategic planning skills are required.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents such as construction drawings, governmental and quasi-governmental laws, orders, requirements and regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, architectural drawings and procedure manuals
• Ability to write reports and correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, team members, and regulatory agencies using tact, courtesy and cooperativeness
Education and experience:
• Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Business, Occupational Health and Safety, Construction, Architecture, Engineering, or related field and three to five years in building and grounds repair operations with applicable building repair certifications
• Managing vendors for facility-related services, and work order management; or the equivalent combination of education and experience