External Relations and Events Manager
This position contributes to program administration, information analysis, decision-making, communications and overall coordination of the External Relations and Events Management work in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. The position includes responsibilities of develop and direct a comprehensive program to engage alumni and other external constituents with the College; enhance support for student opportunities such as internships, practical and research opportunities; work closely with College leadership and its gift officers to implement a strategy for alumni engagement; plan, manage and market College-level signature events; develop and coach academic departments in the use of event planning tools that will help departments professionally maximize their connections with alumni and external constituents; identify and develop content for the college, department and university social and public media; develop and/or refine related Standard Operating Procedures regarding external relations in the College; serve as a resource for academic units by supporting College networking with external supporters; and develop progress reports and tools to keep accurate records of alumni and volunteers who engage with the College.
This position supports the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Office, specifically serving as a coordinator for external relations and events management for the College.
The position requires attention to detail and the ability to be strategic and to make decisions in a fast-paced team environment, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities for clients with varying needs and areas of emphasis.
• Act as primary point person for stakeholder contacts by maintaining operational dexterity with EduConverse, the university’s eCRM software, for college external communications. Create communications, prepare messages and workflows through the system, send messages and track responses, pull and analyze reports
• Edit and write content and post photographs and graphics for publications, including but not limited to: Exchange Online, EduConverse (eCRM) messages, internal newsletters, social media sites, and the College website
• Supports event management, planning and marketing, including “day-of” support, such as through parking arrangements, registration, volunteer management, logistics, and guest stewardship
• Maintain timely and accurate college donor acknowledgments for stewardship by the Dean. Contribute to the coordination of donor and prospective donor events for the college
• Manage community salons in senior living facilities and provides communications and some logistical support for salons hosted in stakeholders’ homes, including managing the list of faculty speakers
• Gather and edit information for college projects. Supply accurate information, provide timely follow up and ensure utmost confidence when dealing with university supporters and internal audiences
• Coordinate training sessions for academic units on use of design templates. Provide project management – using project management processes and tools – for the Communications Office
• Gain or maintain proficiency with Banner, including Banner Finance. Monitor and reconcile budget and expenditures via Banner for Communications and Development staff on a routine basis
• Coordinate training sessions for academic units on use of design materials and other communication materials
• Provide project management – using project management processes and tools – for the Communications Office
• Work well and with attention to detail in a fast-paced team environment, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities for clients with varying needs and areas of emphasis
• Analyze steps needed for standard operating procedures; update, provide training and disseminate those SOPs for Communications and Development offices as needed.
• Assist in updates to the online College Communications Toolkit
• Receive, sort, and distribute incoming departmental mail
• Ensure any contributions received in the office are properly documented and managed, following Foundation guidelines
• Order supplies and other materials, and food and beverages and other items for community engagement events; process payment promptly and accurately
• Experience with use of a PC or Mac, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
• Customer services, donor relations, and event management, planning and marketing experience desired
• E-procurement experience a plus
• Familiarity with eCRM systems and Banner a plus
• Photoshop and website management tools experience a plus
• Communications experience: writing, editing, web content development (not coding, but the creation of content) and/or social media for an organization or group
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
• Graduation from a four-year college or university
• Two years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.