Amma’s Pizza & Cheesesteaks will open next door to longstanding Charlotte favorite Mama Ricotta’s by early 2022.
The sister restaurants, located at 601 South Kings Drive, are owned by FS Food Group.
What to expect: The curated menu will focus on New York-style pizza by the slice or pie, and traditional Philly cheesesteaks with your choice of whiz or American cheese.
- The space will have limited seating with an emphasis on takeout.
- Eventually Amma’s hopes to expand to breakfast with classic breakfast sandwiches, FS Food Group owner Frank Scibelli tells me.
“It’s gonna be the real deal,” Scibelli says. “That’s what we do.”
The big picture: The Charlotte restaurateur is on fire.
- Scibelli and his team opened Little Mama’s and Calle Sol in the last year, and both restaurants are off to hot starts.
- Mama Ricotta’s will celebrate 30 years next year.
- Scibelli also announced yesterday Midwood Smokehouse will open its first Raleigh location in late 2021 or early 2022.
Despite the pandemic, Scibelli’s restaurants performed well, especially those with more takeout-friendly menus like YAFO. The success of restaurants like Mama Ricotta’s is why Scibelli decided to expand with Amma’s, he says.
Want more pizza? Here’s our official Axios guide to the 23 best pizza spots in Charlotte