IT Audit Manager
The primary purpose of this role is to plan assigned IT and other process and compliance audits, including the scope, allocation of resources, coordination with client management, completion of risk assessment, and development of appropriate audit steps to ensure viability and provide direction for Lead, Senior and Staff Auditors. This role ensures the effectiveness of established internal controls designed to manage Lowe’s most significant risks and delegates projects to different Lead and Senior Auditors. This role is critical in the delivery of oral or written reports and communications to top management and in the supervision, training, and development of Lead, Senior and Staff Auditors.
• Supervises the activities of teams of audit professionals by navigating ambiguous, non-recurring topics to develop the scope of audit programs, identify risks, evaluate efficiency and effectiveness, prepare to report, and recommend improvements to one or more of the organization’s IT, financial, and operational managerial processes or systems
• While the IT Audit Manager will maintain a focus on executing and overseeing audits focused on IT processes and controls, the workload may include other financial and operational audit projects at times
• Conducts entity-wide risk assessments (including fraud risk) to identify areas for audit topic formulation, vets topics with executive leadership, then translates to scope and objective for audit team execution
• Manages project output from the entity wide risk assessment, and then sets expectations for the project teams by providing direction, resources, coaching and development
• Provides leadership, direction and delegation of project schedules, plans, scopes, resources to Lead, Senior and Staff auditors. Oversees multiple projects teams at once
• Supervises, reviews and approves project deliverables for adherence to department methodology and auditing standards
• Converts results into themes and conclusions, identifies exceptions impact from a financial, regulatory, reputation, and fraud risk perspective and reports findings to executive management (Senior Vice Presidents and Chief Officers)
• Effectively flexes communication style to present complex themes, issues and conclusions during executive readouts, roundtables, and board meetings.
• Supports the project teams in evaluating and recommending improvements to business practices, processes and control procedures
• Effectively shepherds issue follow up through to management resolution, prepares formal reporting and then communicates the result of management action for issue follow up to executive leadership (Sr. VPs and Chiefs)
• Develops and leads the administration of direct reports. Facilitates continuing professional education (CPE) opportunities for certified audit professionals
• Assesses training requirements of direct reports and broader department as a whole and oversees those training
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 6+ years of experience in internal/external auditing (including IT audit) or relevant business experience, managing project teams, and working cross-functionally
Preferred education and experience:
• Master’s Degree
• CIA, CISA OR CPA
• Experience in IT Audit Management
• Retail industry experience
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.