The Philanthropy Officer serves as a member of The Relatives’ Advancement team. He/she assists in planning and implementation of a comprehensive annual development plan, in consultation and partnership with the Advancement Team to achieve goals as determined by The Relatives’ strategic plan. Will work closely with the Philanthropy Manager to plan and execute comprehensive stewardship and solicitation plan, including e-newsletters, fundraising campaigns, the annual report, and regular donor touchpoints. This position will also collaborate with Administrative and Marketing Coordinator on collateral, event promotion, and to ensure social media strategy aligns with current Advancement activities.
The Philanthropy Officer is expected to work closely with Crisis Center and On-Ramp program staff to identify funding needs and donor communications content.
Externally, the Philanthropy Officer will be an advocate and spokesperson for The Relatives. The Philanthropy Officer will also be expected to cultivate relationships with lapsed, current and prospective donors.
• Plan and execute Donor Communications including acknowledgment letters, newsletters, fundraising appeals, annual reports, and other communications as needed
• Plan and manage ongoing donor engagement events, as needed
• Assist with the planning, logistics and execution of The Relatives’ annual breakfast fundraising event and other cultivation events annually. Work flexible hours as needed
• Oversee The Relatives’ annual fund
• Manage and grow The Relatives’ Hope Builders monthly giving program
• Responsible for gift processing and ensuring donations and donor data is being accurately entered into Raiser’s Edge/NXT
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Fundraising, Communication, Marketing or Business Administration preferred
• 2 years related experience required
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Raiser’s Edge experience is highly preferred
• Medical with Employer-Sponsored HRA
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Long Term Care Benefits
• Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD
• Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Agency provided Continuing Education Units (CEUs) at no cost
• Discounts and Perks such as AAA, credit union membership, and more!