The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance champions, serves and works to unite a region comprised of people from all walks of life. We honor diversity, inclusion, and equity internally and externally. We are committed to advancing economic opportunity and prosperity for all across the Charlotte Region.
Immediate opening for Director, Communications reporting to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer.
CLT Alliance leadership; Marketing and Advocacy teams, business and community leaders, news media, CLT Alliance investors/volunteers and various constituencies.
Responsible for managing CLT Alliance brand and reputation in the market, including building awareness of the organization’s mission, strategic initiatives, and activities among investors, community at large, and through earned media opportunities.
Specific duties and responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Leverage the organization’s strategic initiatives and regional assets to proactively promote and secure opportunities that position the CLT Alliance and region favorably to key audiences, including business, community at large, and media.
• Work closely with Engagement and Investment teams to fully and meaningfully integrate the CLT Alliance’s value proposition into all programming, events and investor dialogue.
• Develop and manage an editorial calendar to ensure consistent visibility for the organization and region; and use as a tool to pitch opportunities for international, national, and local media.
• Lead the annual strategy development and execution for the earned media platforms with the support of the CLT Alliance teams ensuring that they meet annual goals.
• Manage execution of reputation-management resources (i.e., DCI – Development Counsellors International) to ensure on-going value and exposure for the Charlotte region.
• Facilitate and maintain local and regional media relationships through regular personal contact and the distribution of news releases, announcements, and updates on CLT Alliance activities.
• Respond to and coordinate needs related to media, PR, and speaking or interview requests, and assist investors and/or CLT Alliance staff with high quality public relations, communications, and media relations assistance.
• Manage process and work with Marketing team to develop all CLT Alliance print and digital publications; support social media plans with Content Creator and activities as needed.
• Coordinate with Content Creator and social media agency support for all CLT Alliance social media platforms.
• Oversee development and execution of the Weekly Digest distributed to membership weekly as well as create Alliance Alert electronic updates when relevant; manage the news section of the website and oversee home page news.
• Serve as key member of the Marketing team to assist with content, scripting, video, photography, and other needs.
• Handle other requests and projects that may be assigned by the CMO, and President and CEO, and other CLT Alliance leadership.
• Seven-plus years working in public relations or communications field; management experience a plus.
• Strong writing and communications skills; bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently preferred.
• Proven media relations track record and polished on-air/interviewer skills; relationships with local and regional media a plus.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Evaluation of job performance:
Bi-yearly review with Marketing & Comm Officer.
Salary commensurate with experience; eligible incentive structure based on individual, team and organizational performance metrics.