Business Development / Investor Relations Manager
The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance champions, serves and works to unite a region comprised of people from all walks of life. We honor diversity, inclusion, and equity internally and externally. We are committed to advancing economic opportunity and prosperity for all across the Charlotte Region.
Immediate opening for Manager, Investor Relations reporting to the Chief Development and Investor Relations Officer.
The Charlotte Alliance is an economic development and advocacy organization focused on creating the most vibrant, innovative and healthy economy in the nation. Our mission is one of collaboration to promote and advance the Charlotte region, creating opportunity, economic growth, and prosperity for all.
Our investors expect us to represent the needs of the regional business community, and to lead initiatives that build on our success. The Business Development Manager will work with accounts that fall within $5,000 and under $20,000 of investment within the organization.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Build and maintain a strategic funnel of business to ensure quarterly and annual production goals are met or exceeded.
• Manage the monthly invoicing process for assigned accounts.
• Accountable for tracking new and renewal revenue on an ongoing basis for achievement of quarterly and yearly goals.
• Accurately project revenue in weekly meetings with given metrics based on touch points, new/renewal revenue.
• Create and implement an account stewardship plan for each assigned account.
• Ensure business retention efforts and strategy for assigned accounts are met.
• Create a referral network internally and externally to increase sales funnel.
• Increase investor level book of business investment through membership and sponsorship of new and renewal business.
• Strategically collaborate with peers on prospects and accounts; work together on identifying opportunities to close or increase total investment.
• Effective team player to ensure team goals are met.
• Work with Economic Development team to identify those accounts in need of resources or data for expansion, or retention efforts. Gain a strong understanding of those questions necessary to collect data and support existing companies/investors within the region (BR&E) as a way of strengthening these relationships.
• Serve as Business Development Manager of investor accounts and provide account management to these companies throughout the year. This includes conveying mission, support of membership/sponsor fulfillment, regular meaningful contact as outlined in the stewardship plan (meeting, hand-written notes, etc.).
• Document communication activities and updates to accounts with prospects and members consistently in CRM system.
• Maintain responsibility for collection of outstanding payments (intents) from corporate sponsorships that were secured, as well as assisting companies with product determination, if necessary; collections must be complete agreed upon date.
• Represent the Charlotte Alliance in a professional manner.
• Other duties as determined by the Alliance leadership.
Evaluation of job performance:
Bi-Yearly Review with Chief Development and Investor Relations Officer.
Salary and eligible incentive structure based on individual, team, and organizational performance metrics.