Software Engineer – Full Stack
Method is seeking a Full Stack Engineer with intimate familiarity with the web platform. Our Full Stack Engineers are engaged in the full spectrum of product development, working with a team to write great software and build engaging products. Do you have the technical and relational skills to build business-critical applications with a high-performing, cross-functional team?
We generally operate with small teams working closely together on a wide variety of projects that range from an apparel design studio in the browser to offline-enabled mobile web applications. We have products in production today built with a range of platforms. We are not religious about our technology, but choose the best for the problem. Our web stack today primarily includes Ruby on Rails, node.js, .NET, React, Angular, and Vue.js; though we have C and Go in production as well.
You want the web to compete with native platforms on every level; from building compelling experiences to maintenance, usability, and distribution. Regardless of what browser you use for daily use, you strongly believe that testing, supporting, and encouraging the use of all browsers is core to the current and future success of the web. You are a human first, a developer second. You are willing and able to partake in and lead communication with project stakeholders. You should be able to explain technical constraints to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Have 5+ years of experience working with a variety of technologies (Angular and React on the front end, Node and Java on the backend, for example
• Get equally excited about great UI and API design
• Can articulate the difference between progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
• Are familiar with one or many software ecosystems (preferably React, Angular, Java and .NET)
• Have used various hosting solutions (e.g. AWS, Heroku, Azure, Rackspace, Linode)
• Understand a few data stores (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis) and ORMs (e.g. Hibernate, ActiveRecord)
• Are a fan of continuous integration testing
• Stay current with the evolving HTML5 specification
• Work well with others
• Love the journey as much as the destination
• Continuing education opportunities
• Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
• 401K matching
• Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day
• Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
• Health and wellness programs
• Other location-specific perks (just ask)