We take our beer seriously, but most importantly, we value the relationships and family culture we have cultivated at the brewery. We are proud to have an incredibly tight-knit crew, all of whom play an important role in creating the brewery we have become. At the end of the day, it’s beer that we make, but it’s our community and the taking care of each other that makes the foundation we’re built upon.
The General Manager position is responsible for driving the overall operations of the Taproom on Central Avenue & Victoria Yards Uptown Pop-Up. Your role will be to lead, motivate and coach your team of bartenders and barbacks to ensure a unique, welcoming, and quality customer service experience and work environment. You will report directly to the partners.
• Leadership and team management
• Manage Taproom staff with a focus on providing a welcoming customer experience full of thoughtful excellence, showing passion and knowledge for craft beer.
• Refining and developing a culture for the Taproom that is not only unique and inclusive but also consistent with the vibes and experience expected from Resident Culture.
• Define and implement an intentional Taproom experience that provides the customer with an exceptional, unforgettable visit – of a higher caliber than merely a transaction for a beverage.
• Strong leadership skills and management experience with a demonstrated desire to create positive and innovative programming for our team and our patrons.
• Be a role model in practicing and implementing our collective customer service and hospitality goals.
• Maintain a positive, fun work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner conducive to developing and sustaining positive relationships with customers, co-workers and interdepartmental management.
• Hiring and training staff.
• Create weekly schedules.
• Educate staff on current, rotating, and seasonal menu items.
• Manage and record disciplinary actions of bar staff.
• Lead the team with positive morale during shift.
• Promptly address & record customer and employee concerns and incidents and keeping an up-to-date record.
• Aware of customer and employee safety. Implementing safety programs & training bar team.
• Managing staff, food trucks, music/entertainment, and reservations during shift.
• Locking and/or unlocking the building, keeping up with a master key and personalized alarm code.
• Type shift summary and send to owners, brew staff, and management team at end of shift.
• Be present during operational hours of the tasting room and spend a significant amount of time on the floor leading staff, managing operations, interacting with customers and furthering our culture.
• Provide superior customer service during busy hours.
• Inventory and ordering bar supplies and products, keeping and organizing all invoices up to a year.
• Inventory of all merchandise and branded materials.
• Stocking bar and merch areas.
• Design and update beverage menus on Untappd.
• Create daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals based on back-end reporting.
• Implementing proper taproom aesthetics, lighting, music/tv volume to optimize patron experience.
• Maintain safe, secure and healthy facility environment by following and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health, safety and legal regulations (including ALE); and maintaining security systems along with responsible serving of beer.
• Enforce policies in standard operating procedures (SOPs) and periodically reassessing these practices and implementing necessary improvements through the creation of new SOPs.
• Develop and/or maintain bar procedures and protocols.
• Enforce policies in standard operating procedures and periodically reassessing these practices and implementing necessary improvements through the creation of new SOPs.
• Recording bartender tips in excel sheet and tip form.
• Acquiring change from the bank, when needed.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• You must be able to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time and lift 55+ pounds repeatedly.
• This is a full-time position (35-40 hours per week). Candidates must have an open schedule and willing to work weekends, nights and most holidays.
• Competitive compensation based on experience with bonus potential based on pre-defined sales goals.
• Paid vacation and sick leave.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and Life Insurance.
Resident Culture is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.