Administrative Assistant Position
Davidson College Office of Events and Programming in College Relations seek a qualified individual with a technologically-savvy, organized, and timeline-driven individual for its. The main responsibilities of this position are all technical and clerical functions in support of the Office of Events and Programming. The office is a fast-paced and deadline-sensitive office environment that coordinates 80 plus events a year supporting fundraising, stewardship, and engagement. This position’s focus will be on event reporting and communications, as well as all administrative operations associated with events. The individual will also serve as an event planner for internal campus meetings. Daily responsibilities will focus heavily on technology-based event tasks and customer service.
• Manage in-person and virtual event communications and online registration forms in college database. Create and monitor communication timelines based on varying event schedules.
• Draft, build, test and send event emails (invitations, reminders, day before/of and follow-ups) in college database.
• Report on invitees in Excel. Manage guest lists in both the database and in Excel, verifying that multiple iterations are correct. Build and manage online event registration forms in database. Use the database and Excel to create merge files for mailing print invitations.
• Act as a liaison between Events Office and technical staff to resolve inconsistencies in invitation data, software glitches and suggest improvements in processes. Beginner knowledge of HTML for email editing is preferred.
• Manage multiple event records, registration forms and reporting in college database. Create event records and enter registrations received by phone and email in college database, as well as update post-event attendance and close event records.
• Run weekly attendance reports and detailed post-event analysis in Excel and Power BI, reviewing multiple data sets for accuracy. Act as a liaison between Events Office and technical staff to resolve inconsistencies in registration data, software glitches and suggest improvements in processes. Create merge files (in Excel and Word) for printing name tags and other guest-specific documents.
• Customer service for College Relations event guests including monitoring Special Events email inbox and voicemail for registrations (keeping a same-day turnaround), providing guests with general event information and following up with events staff for more specific questions, troubleshooting technical registration issues with guests, and rerouting calls received for other departments. The ideal candidate can handle unforeseen challenges successfully.
• Perform clerical work, including but not limited to: review and process all event invoices; edit and upload virtual event recordings for captioning; update College Relations Events and Communications calendars as new events are scheduled; manage and update event list in google sheets; maintain accurate and up-to-date records and files for all events and archive files at the conclusion of each event; process office credit card receipts, research and submit interdepartmental transfers; reconciling and reporting on office budget in Excel; submit work orders for building repairs/issues; and order and maintain office supplies and keep community office spaces organized.
• Complete varied tasks in assisting the events office in event execution, including but not limited to: create simple graphics, PowerPoint slides and videos for virtual events as needed; process event orders for small day time events, monitor and reconcile petty cash, create menu cards and signage; research and assist in vendor communications and perform follow up with vendors as needed; purchase limited event supplies when required; communicate with Davidson College campus partners; and assist events staff with event set up as needed. Perform other duties as needed in support of the Director of Events and the events office staff.
• Have an associate’s degree, with a minimum of 3 years of experience as an administrative assistant.
• Have significant experience with spreadsheet applications and mail merge.
• Have the ability to learn and use college’s database.
• Be proficient in the entire Microsoft Office suite of products with specific fluency in Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access.
• Ability to perform challenging office work, communicate clearly, concisely and professionally.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service.
• Make all Davidson College constituencies feel welcome.
• The ability to manage a high volume of projects with competing deadlines.
• Have exceptional interpersonal and communications skills are a necessity.
• Be fluent in general accounting practices.
• Possess a beginner’s knowledge of HTML for email editing.
• Have experience with mass email communication and any online event registration tools.
• Have the ability to work seamlessly with numerous internal and external college constituencies.
• Have superior attention to detail, but also the ability to understand and appreciate big-picture program development.
• Possess strong organizational skills, with a calm personality and high self-motivation.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.