Tenant Experience Designer
Camp North End is a project of ATCO Properties & Management, and the successful applicant would be an ATCO employee based at Camp North End. ATCO is a real estate investment and ownership platform deploying capital in select cities across the United States, with a particular emphasis on creating value through placemaking and other strategies in urban locations. ATCO seeks to improve people’s lives by creating places where they genuinely want to work, play, or live, and by doing our work with a long-term perspective.
Through eight decades and four generations, ATCO has owned, managed, and developed a diverse real estate portfolio, primarily in and around New York City and also in select markets we target. ATCO presently owns and manages more than 25 buildings ranging from high-rise office and residential towers to retail properties, from one-story industrial structures to a mixed-use former military base. The portfolio of New York City properties includes: 555 Fifth Avenue, 40 Central Park South, 41 West 58th Street, 630 Third Avenue, 381 and 373 Park Avenue South, 515 Madison Avenue and the Atlas Terminals. Nationally, the company is developing Camp North End in Charlotte, CT, as well as a series of properties in Austin, TX. The company also owns properties in Indianapolis, Indiana and Darien and Westport, Connecticut. Internationally, ATCO has investments in seven European countries.
Equal parts Community Builder, Strategic Programming Facilitator, and Brand Advocate, the Tenant Experience Designer is a key member of the Community Team and crucial to Camp North End’s tenant relations and lease generation as the project enters its next phase.
To deliver on the brand promise of Camp North End as a place where people and productivity thrive, the Community Team aims to surprise and delight audiences by connecting them to inspiring people, places, ideas, and experiences. The person in this role will deliver on this objective by developing and implementing strategic tenant engagement plans, facilitating special tenant amenity programs, and serving as a resource for tenants looking to engage with the broader community – both within Camp North End’s boundaries and beyond.
Strong communication and organizational skills, creative problem-solving experience, comfort working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, a willingness to introduce the project to new audiences, and an appreciation for the site’s history and future are all essential elements to inviting the office tenant community to take part in the place we are creating.
Special programming management (35%):
• Build relationships with key contacts in tenant departments focused on employee engagement (HR, Talent Recruitment and Retention, Event Planning, Internal Comms, etc.) and understand their needs
• Serve as a resource when tenants need content to engage employees by referring speakers, introducing to other members of the Camp Fam, connecting with relevant community organizations, etc.
• Design and deliver to office tenants a package of experiential content that connects them with the Camp North End value set, vision, and spirit inside their premises, including:
Camp North End Orientation & Welcome Activities upon move-in
• Regular, interest-specific events such as: Camp Fam Mixers, Lunches, or Speaker Series to bring together a diverse cross section of the tenant community to learn from experts and/or each other on a given topic
• One-off, special events such as: a Fintech conference
• Leverage these efforts to involve VIPs and leasing prospects as appropriate
Tenant amenity administration (35%):
• Support Development Director and Senior Development Associate in developing new tenant amenity offerings, including ideation, contracting necessary partners, building out content, and program facilitation
• Support Community Manager in connecting tenants to these opportunities, both through direct communication and via the Camp North End app
• Oversee implementation of new and existing tenant amenities, such as the customized Skillpop Marketing BootCamp, quarterly Wily Decision Sprints to spark tenant collaboration in each district, Community Garden sign-ups, 2ULaundry partnership, etc.
Events management (30%):
• Support Community Team ideation and execution of signature Camp North End events and tenant-focused programming, such as the North End Farmers Market on Wednesdays, live music on Fridays, bi-monthly Family Meetings, Mistletoe Market in December, the annual Camp Fam Holiday Party, the occasional third-party event/festival
• Support Senior Development Associate in leveraging these opportunities for VIP/leasing prospect engagement
• We may ask you to bring your talents to bear on other aspects of Camp North End, or even other ATCO projects in Charlotte or in other markets.
We may ask you to bring your talents to bear on other aspects of Camp North End, or even other ATCO projects in Charlotte or in other markets.
Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years experience in a related field.
• $50,000-$65,000 salary, plus discretionary annual bonus
• Medical, 401k