Membership Services Manager
The Junior League of Charlotte, Inc. (“JLC”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Founded 95 years ago, the JLC has a history rich in service to the Charlotte area. From the Charlotte Nature Museum to Discovery Place to the Levine Children’s Hospital Family Resource Center, the JLC has left a legacy of service, dedication, and compassion. Today, with close to 1,600 members and 15,000 annual hours of community service, the JLC continues to make its mark all over the Charlotte community. The JLC is a member of the Association of Junior Leagues International (“AJLI”) which has a total of 290 member Leagues.
The JLC engages numerous member volunteers to manage the programming and strategic vision of the organization. A small paid professional headquarters team works in coordination with volunteer leaders to provide administrative support, technical assistance, and operational continuity.
The Membership Services Manager is an integral part of the headquarters team, responsible for managing the accuracy of the donor/membership database, coordinating and processing payments and donations, generating data-driven reports, and providing membership guidance and assistance to current and potential members of the JLC. The Membership Services Manager further provides technical assistance and training to other staff and volunteer leadership on the use of the CRM software – Digital Cheetah (Customer Engagement Suite).
• Creates, manages, updates, and maintains accurate records in the Digital Cheetah database related to all member profiles, statuses, obligation requirements, and monies received;
• Maintains communication with JLC members, other leagues, and AJLI concerning membership transfers, changes, and dues payments;
• Maintains knowledge of all JLC Policies and Procedures, recommends membership policy changes, and serves as a resource for membership status questions and change requests;
• Attends one evening meeting per month with the volunteer membership committee and works closely with volunteer leaders to report membership data and trends for analysis, assist with internal communications, determine eligibility of membership status changes, determine volunteer placement eligibility, and ensure accurate data in Digital Cheetah
• Develops and improves upon administrative procedures to implement membership goals;
• Fields incoming potential member inquiries and general inquiries from the public, and provides resources and information;
• Manages the database intake process for new members, ensuring accurate recording of dues and fees;
• Assists with communication of dues notices, reconciles dues records with AJLI’s statements, enters dues payments into the membership database, and prepares regular dues status updates for volunteer leadership; submits and records membership dues reimbursements in coordination with volunteer leadership;
• Processes all incoming and outgoing membership transfers to ensure that accurate records are maintained;
• Provides Digital Cheetah training and assistance to volunteer leadership at the beginning of each JLC year and throughout the year as needed;
• Generates and provides reports from Digital Cheetah, as requested by leadership, related to membership trends and statuses, dues, member giving, obligations, and any other relevant membership data;
• Assists with telephone coverage for the JLC;
• Attends and assists with JLC events as needed, which may include weeknight or weekend times as requested;
• Performs other administrative and support duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years experience working in a customer service or membership support role with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Minimum 2 years experience working with CRM database software. (Proficiency with multiple platforms preferred)
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite and computer experience
• Willingness to learn, detail oriented, and a keen problem solver
• An analytical mind, a professional and outgoing personality, and a heart for service
• Experience with membership or nonprofit organizations is a plus
Full time, Non-exempt
Health Insurance, Paid Time Off
The Junior League of Charlotte (“JLC”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. The JLC encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position.