Human Resources Manager
At the Charlotte Business Regional Alliance, we work together, creating connections to promote and advance the Charlotte Region’s vibrant, innovative and healthy economy.
Dynamic Non-Profit in Uptown, Charlotte Regional Business Alliance, seeks Human Resources Manager to help grow organization and foster engagement. **Free parking**
The Human Resources Manager will provide strategic consultation and will partner with Alliance leadership as well as a partner organization to drive company initiatives and growth. This role will provide leadership oversight for all Human Resource functions including strategic recommendations related to the implementation of human resources policies, compliance, benefit administration, payroll processing, recruitment, and employee relations.
This role reports to Chief Financial Officer and interfaces with: CLT Alliance staff, applicants, and HR related vendors.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Ability to evaluate the state of human resources, identify opportunities for improvement and partner with the management team to make the business decisions that address organizational efficiency/effectiveness.
• Manage day to day HR operations including responsibility for selection and recruiting, benefits management compliance, and employee relations, as well as other duties as needed.
• Provide advice and counsel to leadership regarding policy interpretation and employee issues such as performance management, leave administration, corrective action and terminations.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, sense of urgency and confidentiality to maintain the integrity of the human resources activities.
• Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, and applicable laws regarding human resources. Continually assess HR programs and practices and recommend/implement changes as required.
• Plan and negotiate employee benefits plan on an annual basis, participate in 401K planning and administration.
• Ability to perform bi-monthly payroll processing and 401(k) uploads.
• Support the CORE team in maintaining a safe working environment and support workplace safety training.
• Minimum five (5) or more years of progressively increased HR experience.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in employee relations, employee benefits administration, compensation, compliance, recruiting and onboarding.
• Excellent leadership, organizational and managerial skills, and a natural ability to build and sustain relationships.
• Able to build trust through character, competence, and connection to achieve results through clarity, accountability, and support. Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local regulations relating to Human Resources (Title VII, ADA, FMLA, and Wage and Hour law).
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines. Solid process and project management skills. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• HR Certification(s) highly desired.
• Evaluation of Job Performance: Bi-yearly review with CFO Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; eligible incentive structure based on individual, team and organizational performance metrics.
*CLT Alliance: The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance champions, serves and works to unite a region comprised of people from all walks of life. We honor diversity, inclusion, and equity internally and externally. We are committed to advancing economic opportunity and prosperity for all across the Charlotte Region.