CAD Draftsman/Project Manager
We are looking for a CAD Draftsman/Surveyor Intern to work with our team of Civil Engineers and Surveyors. Drafter responsibilities include gathering drawings and specifications and making calculations. You will help us build functional, secure and well-designed civil projects and produce surveying maps. Interest in surveying field work is encouraged. Lawrence Associates has a positive group of kind and talented team members. Our upbeat culture makes it fun to come to work each day as we often encourage each other and give appreciation. We have office space in historic downtown Monroe NC that provides an enjoyable place for our work.
• US work authorization (Required)
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Drafting: 2-20 years (Preferred)
• 2+ years’ experience in drafting preferably in land development, parking lots, water and sewer, stormwater management, or road design
• Proficient in AutoCAD Draftsmen are also expected to be familiar with using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or Carlson Survey software platforms
• Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
• Drafting experience related to supporting civil engineering projects within the residential, multifamily, K-12, and commercial markets and familiarity working with Carlson or CAD software platforms.
Based on experience.
• Semi Annual bonuses possible based on performance
• Firm contributes annually to the retirement plan after they become eligible for the program after 36 months of employment
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
Reasons to work at Lawrence Associates:
• Work/life balance
• Positive work environment. Kindness is a key value that is a decision point for all hires.
• Great locations.
• Growing firm with tremendous upside for growing careers.
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday