Founded in 1932, and led by internationally renowned Music Director Christopher Warren-Green, the Charlotte Symphony is the largest arts employer in the region. We employ 58 professional full-time orchestra musicians, serve two diverse youth orchestras, and offer significant educational programming for our communities. Today, we continue as a 21st-century orchestra, responsive to and engaged in the narrative of our community, and opting to employ music as a tool for building community and as an agent for change.
The CSO is looking for a temporary, full-time Campaign Coordinator. Working with the Vice President of Development, President and Chief Executive Officer, Campaign Cabinet (composed mostly of directors and trustees), and Campaign Consultant, the Campaign Coordinator is responsible for creating, coordinating, and facilitating activities, meetings, training, cultivation activities, solicitations and special events related to the campaign. In addition to general administrative duties, they serve as the principal contact person for the Campaign Cabinet, volunteers, and consultants. Their principal function is to ensure the successful administration of the campaign.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Working with staff to make sure that all gifts, acknowledgements, and receipts for campaign donors are recorded and mailed within 48 hours of receipt.
• Communicating directly with directors, trustees, high-level community leaders and volunteer leaders to make sure their needs are supported.
• Working with staff to develop research profiles for campaign prospects.
• Working with the Vice President of Development, President and Chief Executive Officer, Campaign Consultant, and the communications team to create newsletters and other materials for the various campaign constituencies.
• Working closely with potential donors in scheduling and coordinating cultivation and solicitation opportunities for staff and volunteers and being able to professionally represent the CSO to external constituencies.
• Assisting the Vice President of Development in writing and packaging proposals for gifts from major campaign constituents.
• Communicating extensively with development staff and all solicitors to coordinate prospect information, meetings, solicitations, and follow-up.
• Functioning as the onsite logistics coordinator for campaign awareness events. Local travel and time outside of normal business hours required.
• Assisting the Vice President of Development with other campaign duties as needed.
• Associate’s degree in an appropriate field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Ability to main confidentiality and adhere to the highest ethical standards
• Direct experience in professional fundraising strongly preferred
• Ability to work independently while maintaining focus and initiative, and using independent judgment to make sound decisions
• Very strong technical and computer skills. Moderate level of experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs and some exposure to relational databases such as Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, SalesForce, or Salsa
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong focus on providing excellent client service
• Experience in coordinating complex schedules between various high-level administrators and high-level volunteers
• Understanding of publications operations and the creation of marketing materials strongly preferred
• Experience in prospect research, including familiarity with wealth screening solutions highly desirable
Charlotte Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.