THIS JOB IS NO LONGER OPEN. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Bojangles’ Restaurants, Inc. has an opportunity for a talented marketer to support the Marketing and Communications departments of one of the country’s most successful and dynamic quick-service-restaurant companies.
The selected candidate will drive Bojangles’ brand promise and brand positioning by engaging with consumers on the brand’s digital and social media assets, and driving performance of those assets by collaborating with other team members to generate strategies and tactics that drive community growth & engagement. They will also worked in analytical capacity to evaluate the performance of various marketing and communications initiatives to help improve performance.
This is a ground-floor opportunity for a poised, energetic marketing/communications professional to contribute to an established company with a proven track record of success and growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
(Note: Other duties may be assigned as business needs require).
- Provide online customer care across Bojangles’ digital and social media assets – moderate and respond to customer comments & questions. This will include non-traditional hours including some nights & weekends.
- Partner with Public & Media Relations to help create & execute influencer connection strategies (bloggers, journalists, celebrities, etc.).
- Develop & execute strategies and tactics for the company’s email marketing program (E-Club). Drive key performance metrics including new subscriber acquisition, content engagement, coupon redemption, etc.
- Assist with major design changes, routine upgrades, and day-to-day content updates for the Bojangles.com website in partnership with IT and external design agency. Oversee website maintenance as necessary.
- Participate in brainstorm & concepting meetings with creative agencies to develop Content Marketing strategies and tactics.
- Create new business listings online for all new restaurants. Monitor and respond to the ratings & reviews customers publish on those sites. Share rating & review information with Operations.
- Partner with Bojangles’ Analytics team to analyze the effectiveness of consumer marketing promotions. Evaluate Bojangles’ menu mix on an ongoing basis and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in the development of menu pricing strategies & tactics in partnership with third party agency.
- Assist in the execution of various consumer research projects. Present & distribute findings to internal stakeholders.
- Play a leadership role in tracking of key performance metrics for the company’s marketing and media assets, including coupons and gift cards, websites, E-Club, paid digital media, and social media platforms. Present actionable recommendations to optimize engagement and increase brand & product awareness and sales.
- Maintain select Marketing and Communication department budget lines as prudent – forecast spending by quarter/month, process invoices, and reconcile forecasted vs. actual spending each month.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications or related field is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of agency or in-house Marketing or Communications experience is required; preferably for a B2C company (internship experience is acceptable).
- Experience working with social networking sites required. Experience in communications planning and/or social media community management is desired.
- Solid computer skills and experience with MS Outlook and MS Office with emphasis on MS Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups, etc).
- Experience using industry-leading digital & social media management software is desired. Experience with project management software is a plus.
- Balance of both creative & analytical skills – demonstrated strengths in both creative thinking / writing as well as ability to interpret data & information and generate actionable insights and recommendations.
- Proactive self-starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities. Strong attention to detail is required.
- Comfortable working both independently and within a team atmosphere. Ability to transition between the two frequently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Brings a creative, collaborative and organized approach to identifying and addressing opportunities.
- Ability to travel occasionally based on business need (less than 10%). Some overnight and weekend travel may be required.
- Preferred – Restaurant, food and beverage, or retail industry experience is desired.