Human Resources Assistant
Charlotte Country Club was founded in 1910 and is located four miles east of uptown Charlotte, in the historic Plaza-Midwood neighborhood. Charlotte Country Club is known as a top 20 private club in the US. The club was also recognized as a Top-50 Platinum Club of the World by the Club Leaders Forum.
We are seeking a positive, upbeat, organized, detail-oriented, customer service professional to support the Director of Human Resources with administrative duties, and serve as a back-up for processing our bi-weekly payroll. The Human Resources Assistant will also coordinate and participate in all celebratory events such as birthdays, anniversaries, and staff events.
• Handle sensitive information and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Assist in the hiring process which includes posting and closing open positions, processing pre-employment screenings, creating new hire packets, and onboarding materials.
• Assist and participate in all staff engagement, education, and events designed to enhance the team experience and our great culture.
• Assist in the revision of the Employee Handbook and learn how policies are implemented and impact the Club.
• Assist in the analysis of pay and benefits, including market comparison.
• Serve on the Club’s DIVE and Safety Committees.
• Update Club job descriptions.
• Assist in 401k and benefit administration.
• Prepare, distribute, and post birthday, service, and recognition announcements.
• Order and maintain an adequate supply of all HR materials such as new hire materials, service pins, celebratory cards, flowers, etc.
• Update and maintain all HR files on the company shared Drive and Manager Resources Drive.
• File and organize all HR files within Department of Labor Recordkeeping guidelines.
• Create an annual calendar to update the employee bulletin boards and employee common areas so they are engaging and contemporary.
• Serve as a back up to process the bi-weekly payroll from start to finish.
• May assist in composing letters, emails, flyers, and newsletters for staff.
• Follow-up on all inquiries, phone calls, emails, and correspondence with the utmost professionalism, timeliness, and care.
• Prioritize responsibilities and identify situations that require immediate attention.
• Various administrative and clerical duties (printing, filing, copying, developing new materials, faxing, scanning, mailing, e-mailing, posting, typing, and formatting documents, database entries, designing PowerPoint presentations, etc.).
• Perform other duties and assist with other projects as assigned.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Professional presence, positive attitude, and ability to work well with fellow team members.
• Attention to detail and an understanding of timeline commitments.
• Strong follow-up skills and the ability to see projects through to the end and anticipate deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook), as well as Adobe Acrobat.
• Ability to multi-task on concurrent projects; must be able to time manage proficiently.
• Positive, upbeat, friendly person who enjoys a hospitality environment.
• Must have a high level of integrity and understand the importance of confidentiality.
• Must be a team player who can develop strong and positive working relationships with all co-workers.
• Must be reliable and a self-starter.
• Strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to handle/prioritize multiple projects.
• Must be reliable and work well with high volumes under tight deadlines.
• Experience working in hospitality is a plus.
• Must be extremely trustworthy and have strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Must have a desire to learn.
• Must be pursuing a career and college degree in Human Resources or a business degree with a concentration in Human Resources.
• Intermediate computer skills, a positive attitude and desire to learn.
Computer skills required:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher) and Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge or ability to learn online applications (as an example: ADP Workforce Now, Zoom, and creative platforms.)
Flexible, but hours are generally 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (approximately 30 hours a week with potential to grow to 40 hours). May have an occasional earlier or later shift to support team member events.
Our team members are a friendly group of professionals! We enjoy a beautiful working environment, free meals, employee outings & events, golf & tennis playing privileges. We also offer an assortment of medical benefits & perks for eligible team members, including paid time off, free long-term disability insurance, free group life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, 401(k) match and health savings account contributions from the Club. We have a positive work environment with a dedicated, hardworking, and fun-spirited team and polite and respectful leadership.
Charlotte Country Club is a premier, exclusive private country Club located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina in the Plaza-Midwood neighborhood.
Charlotte Country Club was founded in 1910 and is the oldest Club in Charlotte.
The Club is committed to a positive, safe, and healthy working environment with polite and respectful management and staff.
Our leadership supports professional development and community and industry involvement.
Candidates must pass a thorough background check and drug screen. We are a drug free workplace.