The Whitewater Center is rooted in the belief that we all share a genetic code that compels us to play outside and share these experiences with others. Being one of the largest tourist destinations in the Carolinas, the Whitewater Center is seeking out qualified Operations Managers to oversee daily operations of multiple business units.
• Lead, motivate and support a large team within a high volume and a demanding environment
• Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance and safety protocols
• Leverage business metrics and trends to drive performance and maximize profit and revenue
• Maintain a keen awareness of how the brand is being represented and demonstrate a relentless pursuit of meeting the brand promise
• Utilize keys tools and metrics to measure team results and hold the team accountable to established goals and objectives
• Be a key leader in the planning and execution of existing and new programming.
• Accountable for P&L of various business units
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in management, Business, Hospitality, Outdoor Recreation or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in management and/or leadership
• Experience managing P&L
• Comfortable with physically demanding duties including extended presence in outdoor environments
• Ability to think critically, be proactive and be a self-starter
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Director of Operations
• Facility Access
• Staff Discount Program
• Health, Dental, Vision
• Flex Spending Account
• Paid Time Off
The Whitewater Center is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the Whitewater Center has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the Whitewater Center for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The Whitewater Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Whitewater Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The Whitewater Center is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.