Paper Twist is a paper boutique specializing in custom invitations and stationery, desk accessories, luxury gifts and specialty gift wrap and ribbons. At Paper Twist, you’ll find only the best brands represented in stationery, invitations and gifts. Since opening our doors in 2008, we remain passionate about personalized stationery and invitations, helping our customers find stylish organization solutions and know the importance of a beautifully wrapped gift. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, our customers feel like a kid in a candy store and get excited about finding new supplies for writing notes, wrapping gifts, and finding products that they didn’t know existed but can’t live without.
The Custom Stationery & Invitation team at Paper Twist is looking for a DESIGNER to join us. Candidates should posses prior graphic design, layout, and print production experience.
A day in the life:
If you have worked retail, you know that no day is ever the same. This role becomes a problem solver for our clients. You will manage walk in clients as well as coordinate our custom clients by appointment. Your super power is taking our customer’s ideas and turning them into print ready design. You will excel in this position if you are motivated, have high attention to detail, a quick thinker and multitask with ease. This role is not a desk job and our designer will move between a variety of tasks throughout the day.
Keys to success:
Candidates should posses a minimum of 1-3 years of graphic design, layout, and print production experience. Your design aesthetic can bend to meet our client’s needs and anticipate the project scope to help our projects stay on a timeline and budget. You are a perfectionist and understand that our clients expect beauty in their products from custom stationery to a gift wrapped package. We are expert jugglers at paper twist and if a fast paced environment motivates you then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a candidate with the following characteristics.
• Proactive, self-directing
• Focus, creativity, eye for detail
• Capable of juggling various tasks with care
• Work under deadline schedule & meet quick turn around times
• You can work standing or seated for several hours
• Willingness to go above & beyond, no matter the situation
• Proficient computer skills (Adobe Creative Suite)
• Team player and problem solver
• Practice proper phone and email etiquette
• Positive attitude and good energy
• Ability to build, nurture and maintain client relationships
• Uphold company policies & procedures with care
• Must be proficient in Adobe create suite and working on Mac computers
• Taking our customer’s ideas and turning them into print ready design
• Managing the custom proofing process
• Submitting, proofing and guiding orders through production schedule
• Keeping orders on time and budget
• Creating in-house design projects
• Communication with customers on design projects
• Position is in person at Paper Twist in Charlotte, NC
30-40 hours per week
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and three custom designs to show your work. Please share why this job is the one for you in your letter and remember that stationery is spelled with an “e”