Business Process Architect, Online PMO – Remote
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver process improvement solutions across large complex, technical, and cross-functional processes by leveraging appropriate tools to develop sustained improvements that help management achieve business goals and yield increased financial return. This includes responsibility for identifying problem statements and customer expectations, executing projects to remove waste, defects, and unnecessary work, and building performance indicators to measure improvement. The role focuses on strategic initiatives, productivity efforts, and cross-functional projects to take cost out of the organization and to set cost improvement efforts to drive the enterprise forward.
• Manages large-scale, cross-functional, complex process improvement projects while, often concurrently, scoping other projects in the pipeline.
• Analyzes and develops solutions that facilitate continuous productivity, capacity, and quality improvement across all dimensions.
• Conducts proactive and consistent research to identify process improvement opportunities including areas of focus, scoping of the project, prioritization, key deliverables, and successful outcomes.
• Looks broadly across the organization to understand where opportunities are best fit and translates findings to project cost and customer impact.
• Oversees and reviews the deliverables of lower level managers and designers to ensure accurate and consistent analysis and reporting.
• Assess and decides which methodology to apply and the tools and techniques to utilize to effectively lead each process improvement project.
• Leads charter development, stakeholder analysis, process design, improvement solutions, testing, and implementation plans through successful application of methodologies for each the project.
• Designs and collaborates (with Finance) to track metrics and key performance indicators for each process improvement project.
• Develops and coaches internal project team members to understand methodologies, project requirements, timeline, etc. through clear and consistent communication.
• Manages relationships with executive business partners and sponsors to help them understand business cases and to foster a culture of continuous improvement across the enterprise.
• Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Operations or related field
• 7-10 years’ experience in Process Management, Business Process Improvement, Business Process Management, or Value Stream Mapping
• Experience in business process methodology, governance, frameworks, or project management
• Experience in designing high performing business processes that are cross-functional and support enterprise-wide capabilities
• Effective personal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others, drive new capabilities, and bring new ways of thinking into the organization
• Effective listening and communication skills across executive, mid-level management, and business area teams
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt trained or certified
• Master’s degree, MBA, or related field
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt trained or certified, Master Black Belt, or accredited certification equivalent
• Experience in retail or supply chain operations