Catering & Event Account Executive
The Catering & Event Account Executive is charged to help grow QC Catering sales by finding and qualifying leads, closing sales, fostering venue and vendor relationships, formulating sales strategies, and communicating and presenting product value to clients. They have a strong knowledge of catering and planning events from start to finish, and thrive in creating an experience for clients, while working cross departmentally with operations.
Expected hours are 40-50 hours per week on average and potentially more during increased seasonality business. Possibility to work nights and weekends. More important than hours worked is the ability to get the job done, ensure client’s have an exceptional experience and provide company and sales success.
• Confident, approachable, proactive, closer.
• Minimum of 5 years sales experience, preferably related to catering / events.
• Minimum 3 years Hospitality experience.
• Exemplary planning and time management skills.
• Up-to-date with wedding and event trends.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
• High level verbal and written communications skills.
• Specializes in one or some of the following areas: Corporate Events, Weddings, Managed Venue Sales or Drop-off Style Catering.
• Meet and exceed agreed upon monthly and annual goals, as well as closing ratios.
• Daily Prospecting via phone and in person.
• Create weekly prospecting lists
• Conduct a minimum of 2 breakfast, lunches or happy hours at HQ with new or existing clients per week.
• Present to a minimum of 8 companies per week, in or out of the office.
• Responds to inbound leads, prospect leads, produce proposals, beo’s and details for all weddings through execution and payment.
• Management of existing partnership, and any other contracts as assigned.
• Upsell throughout the event process, adding additional value to client experience.
• Creating and nourishing vendor/ venue relationships .
• Monthly prospecting & presentations with clients, vendors, and venues.
• Manage QC Event related emails and web presence, such as the Knot.
• Work closely and cross sell with all QC sales departments.
• Participate / Attend a minimum of 2 networking or continued education programs per month.
• Be a positive influence always and continue growing oneself and the QCC team in personal and professional development.
• Consistently keeping a pulse on competitors products and services, and creating well thought out information to share with the team on how to stay market aligned.
• Manage client feedback and respond in a timely fashion.
• Make suggestions to team on suggested improvements for sales / events to enhance client experience on a scheduled basis.
• Participate in weekly company culture, sales meetings, and department meetings.
• Adherence to all company policies & procedures.
• Utilization and upkeep of records in CRM System (currently CaterEase).
• Tactful Confidence.
• Team Player.
• Positive, can do attitude, ready to troubleshoot at all times.
• Proactive. Forecasts situations before they happen, often setting up redundancies.
• Planner. Enjoys planning.
• Hard worker.
• Strong communication skills. Proficient in general writing and business emails.
• High Adaptability.
• Prioritization. Strong ability to understand and shift urgent needs vs future.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Takes pride in appearance and professionalism. Facilitates company culture.
• Strong sense of follow through.
• Respectful of positions.
• Dependable & reliable.
• Willingness to learn.
Email your resume and up to a paragraph about why you are the right fit for QC Catering to email@example.com (subject Axios AE Resume)