The custodian provides the cleaning required to maintain the facilities on the Wing Haven property some of which are historic. This role plays a key part in the visitor experience and overall impression of Wing Haven as a destination. This position also supports the setup and breakdown for events and rentals on the campus.
Hourly up to 20-25 hours per week. Tuesday through Saturday. Occasional holidays or after hours/weekend work.
• Keeps all buildings clean and in an orderly condition.
• Performs routine maintenance activities that does not require a licensed subcontractor
• Performs heavy cleaning duties to include – sweeping, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming. Additionally cleans and maintains windows, mirrors.
• Gathers and empties recycling and trash into large bins.
• Scrubs, sanitizes, and supplies all restroom facilities.
• Mixes environmentally friendly cleaning solutions in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions.
• Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power machinery to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
• Cleans and polishes fixtures and furniture.
• Notify supervisor when carpets need to be steam cleaned.
• Manages inventory of cleaning supplies. Works with office manager to order supplies.
• Drives Wing Haven van as required to perform cleaning work or pick up supplies.
• Notifies managers regarding the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Performs small maintenance tasks on campus as needed.
• Knowledge of environmentally friendly cleaning practices and procedures
• Ability to stand, walk, and bend for many hours
• Ability to perform repetitive motion for long periods of time
• Experience with using cleaning equipment, including vacuum cleaners, mops, and cleaning solutions
• Background in handling, mixing, and using cleaning chemicals
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules
• Communication skills
• Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders and work at particular heights
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Basic math skills
• Flexibility to work some evenings and event weekends
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
• Must be able to serve all guests equally regardless of their age, disability, national origin, religious belief, veteran status, race/color, genetic information, marital status, gender identity and/or sexual orientation
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to successfully pass a criminal background check