Admissions Team Member
The Wing Haven Host greets all visitors at the point of entry to the gardens. This position is critical to the visitor experience. Checking people in, taking payment and collecting data are the key aspects of this position. Welcomes all guests and serves as an ambassador for Wing Haven.
Part Time: 16 hours a week (9:30am – 5:30pm) Reports to: Executive Director
• Set up video and education building for guest viewing.
• Responsible for greeting all guests professionally and warmly.
• Manage admissions process to include – taking payment, checking in guests and collecting guest information, as well as provide an overview of Wing Haven experience and mission.
• Track daily attendance in our software programs to support the Development and Marketing departments.
• Market and sell gift items to visitors, as well as memberships, event tickets and registrations for programs.
• Ensure that the point of entry is clean and tidy at all times.
• Assist office staff with small administrative tasks as needed and time allows.
• Serve as point of initial contact in the event of an emergency with guest visiting the garden.
• Participate in staff meetings
• Assist with small office tasks when needed
• Assist with securing the buildings at the end of the workday
• Associates Degree or comparable
• Warm and approachable, energetic, task-oriented, efficient and attentive to detail
• Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Understanding of G-suite applications.
• Understanding of donor management systems (ex. Donor Perfect) and on-line scheduling systems.
• Familiarity with payment systems and comfortable handling money
• Ability to work well with fellow team members and volunteers/visitors in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
• Must be able to serve all guests equally regardless of their age, disability, national origin, religious belief, veteran status, race/color, genetic information, marital status, gender identity and/or sexual orientation
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
Send resume and cover letter to: Wing Haven, att: Host Position, 260 Ridgewood Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28209 or apply online firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by June 15, 2021