Creative Communications Manager
The Creative Communications Manager will work with the Director of Communications to develop the style, tone, and brand of First Presbyterian Church. They will be responsible for developing print and digital content to advance FPC’s mission and key objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design, or related field of study along with a minimum of two years’ experience in development, design, and production of various communication components
• Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro
• Demonstrated competence in writing and graphic design
• Creative vision for effective communications, initiative and energy to upgrade and improve current communications
• Experience designing and maintaining websites in WordPress
• Photography and videography experience preferred
• SEO and Google Ads experience preferred
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Development and design of print documents and digital content
• Collaborate with ministries to develop a communication plan, look, and feel of projects
• Ensure brand identity and message consistency
• Create and maintain a church-wide social media plan; serve as the primary manager of all social media channels
• Collect and communicate social media metrics that describe the effectiveness of the church’s social media ministry
• Provide copywriting and editing for church communications
• Curate media for use on website and social media
• Work with the Publications Assistant to prepare the weekly e-newsletter, ensuring accuracy in writing, grammar, and style
• Create and edit video content
• Provide photography services at events and gatherings for use in publications
Essential knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Writing, reading, proofreading, critical thinking
• Interpersonal skills that enable effective collaboration with other ministry leaders and staff
• Ability to organize and initiate work with minimum supervision
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and adapt production timelines to changing conditions
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team to assess needs and produce results
• Experience with AP writing style
• Commitment to excellence, attention to detail and accuracy
• Occasional availability on Sunday mornings and weekends to photograph worship or events
Physical and mental requirements:
• Physical requirements include but may not be limited to frequent handling of files, books, boxes of documents, keyboarding, operating a telephone, and other office equipment.
• Mental requirements include but may not be limited to general math functions, intermediate reading, advanced reasoning, advanced speaking ability, and advanced writing ability.
Send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio or sample graphic design to email@example.com with the subject line “Creative Communications Manager – YourName”.