Charlotte Center City Partners seeks an SVP of Marketing to provide leadership and vision while designing, implementing, and monitoring effective marketing and communications strategies that support the CCCP vision and mission. Our ideal candidate is willing to apply their skills to mission-based work and has a solid marketing and communications background and work experience managing a team to execute a variety of projects end-to-end. The SVP of Marketing reports to the CEO and will oversee the internal Marketing Team. This role will also work closely with other members of the Executive Leadership Team to enhance the current brands within Charlotte Center City Partners and will be responsible for managing all marketing and communications initiatives to excellence, within deadline, on or under budget.
This role is a key leader in our go-to-market strategy through providing leadership, direction, and strategy for building all CCCP brands. It offers great latitude for innovation and creativity as well as exposure to and experience with senior executives from Charlotte’s most committed Center City businesses and place branding. The deliverables for this role will center around establishing consumer-insights-lead brand positioning and brand guardrails that will direct the innovation roadmap, brand communication, relevant and impactful digital/social media content, web content and experience and overall media plans. This position requires expertise in brand strategy, performance marketing, digital and social media and the person needs to have a storytelling and audience engagement mindset. This individual must be used to being hands-on and working in a high-paced environment and an expert in all things related to marketing and communications strategies and tactics. We’re looking for someone who will be a curious learner, enthusiastic teammate, and passionate about inclusive community and great urban places. The ideal candidate will also be obsessed with keeping pace with the latest trends in marketing and is a seasoned leader who also excels at building high performance teams and has strong executive competencies.
Specific responsibilities and activities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness
• Help define and oversee the planning, development, and execution of the company’s brand vision, messaging, and strategy
• Maintain brand guardrails, brand omni-channel communications strategy, and being overall ambassador for the CCCP brands
• Be a champion for audience/stakeholder-centered decision-making
• Build relationships with media and stakeholders through creative strategies
• Monitor all campaigns and improve them as necessary
• Create a shared vision by words and actions; model behaviors and set the tone that mission and values guide decision-making
• Lead collaboration with agencies and in-house talent on initiatives and campaigns with goals spanning awareness, engagement, acquisition, and growth
• Purchase and place advertising in a variety of mediums to promote brands, events, and special projects
• Optimizing our channel mix and customer journey through rigorous testing and experimentation
• Prioritize campaigns and allocate resources accordingly
• Develop a comprehensive MarCom strategy and ensure the Brand Coordinators are executing it effectively
• Liaise with sponsors and external partners to ensure the delivery of benefits and marketing support
• Conduct market and audience analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
• Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for the CEO and Board
• Manage design, placement and budgets for all the advertising and general marketing collateral
• Participate in the annual planning of the organization’s plan of work
• Work with Executive Leadership Team to ensure brand messages are clearly articulated with all communications, partnership, and sales materials
• Review and manage the annual marketing budget
• Employ research to generate insights into audience needs, wants, and expectations to identify new opportunities, strategies, messages and build brand loyalty
• Improve Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) through iterative testing
• Work closely with all levels of cross-functional Executive Leadership to support key business priorities
• Provide thought leadership and best practices for the development of plans and budgets
• Accountable for strategic goals and monitors measures to assure outcomes support strategic initiatives
• Attracts, fully engages, and retains an effective team accountable for employee commitment; provides challenging and “stretch” assignments to direct reports; fosters a climate of life-long learning
Requirements & qualifications:
• Ideal candidate has 8-10 years of experience
• Experience in and a clear understanding of project management with branding, strategic planning and marketing using new media
• Classical training in consumer marketing, with a demonstrated track record of accomplishment in branding/positioning, segmentation and targeting
• Ability to create and analyze metrics and develop strategic plans as they relate to key initiatives for all CCCP brands
• Ability to learn quickly, work independently, manage multiple tasks, and thrive within a dynamic team environment; flexibility and adaptability is critical
• Track record of outstanding leadership with exceptional listening/evaluation skills; must possess strong communication, written, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
• Demonstrates leadership knowledge and skills; exemplifies honesty, integrity, fairness and trust; has passion for his/her work; creates a climate in which people want to do their best; delegates appropriately; flexes decision making style based on the situation.
• Proven work experience as a VP of Marketing, Marketing Director, or other senior role with experience managing a team
• Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
• Demonstrate an eagerness for continued education about state-of-the-art marketing techniques
• BS degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant field
This position is right for you if:
• You are a team player.
• You are collaborative.
• You have a passion for developing a high-performing team.
• You are thoughtful.
• You are detail oriented.
• You deliver results through creative and critical thinking.
• You are committed to equity and inclusion.
• You are a strong communicator.
• You see the big picture.
• You are supportive.
• You are innovative.
Compensation and benefits
• CCCP offers compensation commensurate with experience and benefits including health, dental insurance, life, short- and long-term insurance, a flexible spending plan, 401K retirement program, and opportunities for professional development.
$110,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible schedule
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• Professional development assistance
• Retirement plan
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• On call
We are wearing masks currently, all visitors will wear masks. We have touchless technology and partitions between all workstations. We provide PPE if needed. Through the summer, we will work a hybrid schedule.
All submissions must include a cover letter and an example of work/portfolio.
• Bachelor’s (Required)
• Marketing: 8 years (Required)
• Managing teams: 4 years (Required)
If you have interest in this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and any supporting documents via Indeed by June 11, 2021. Only applications through Indeed will be accepted.
Charlotte Center City Partners is a non-profit 501(c)(4) that boldly envisions and activates strategies and actions that will assure Charlotte Center City is a welcoming and equitable, economically vibrant, culturally rich and loved place for all. www.CharlotteCenterCity.org www.SouthEndCLT.org