Property Manager is involved in all aspects of managing a commercial portfolio and provides building owners with Class A real estate management services in accordance with the owner’s goals and objectives. Supervises daily operations of their team. Property Manager is responsible for maintaining assigned properties in good order and condition by contracting and scheduling necessary repairs and maintenance. Property Manager will also make recommendations and share innovative ideas to continually improve how our commercial properties are managed along with establishing, developing and maintaining tenant relationships that provide a high-level of tenant customer service. He/she will perform property inspections, prepare monthly management reports and budgets for owners. Property Manager will be responsible for a personal portfolio of less than 1,000,000 square feet.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Provide direction, guidance, and work priorities for not only their direct team, but the property management teams and operations maintenance personnel.
• Complete yearly performance review for self and direct team.
• Delegate tasks as the need arise to ensure that all problems, complaints and requests are taken care of in a timely manner.
• Interact with the lease administrator, accounting, interior construction, security and leasing and brokerage departments to ensure that all information pertinent to each lease is documented and installed in the property management and accounting systems as stated in each lease.
• Play an integral part in goal setting and implementation of goals.
• Work with company departments; accounting, interior construction, leasing and brokerage, security, community/tenant activities, maintenance, energy services, etc. teams to create annual budget for each property within portfolio.
• Evaluate the performance of properties as they relate to the annual budget and report monthly to property owners.
• Ensure all property-related files are maintained and current.
• Responsible for property-related insurance claims to include follow-up on these claims.
• Responsible for ensuring that all rental monies and other fees due under the lease are collected and properly reported.
• Follow up on delinquencies making every effort to collect delinquent rent.
• Upon approval, after soliciting, reviewing and analyzing proposals, establish contracts with various vendors.
• Administer all contracts to ensure that services are being rendered as outlined in the contract.
• Review and approve property related invoices.
• Direct maintenance personnel in supply purchases and project work.
• Regularly inspect tenant spaces, vacant spaces, public areas, stairwells, mechanical equipment and grounds to ensure these areas are kept clean and grounds are maintained.
• Meet with vendor representatives regularly to discuss problems/concerns.
• Establish relationship with each tenant and visit each tenant on a regular basis or as the need arises.
• Manage ownership expectations by thinking like an owner when managing portfolio and strive to maximize value for the assets.
• Focus on the experience of our shared customers/tenants and how the department can improve in delivering excellent service to all.
• Build meaningful relationships with tenants in portfolio and understand the needs and wants of our customers.
• Serve as liaison between property management team members and other company departments; accounting, development, interior construction, security, graphics, IT, tenant activities, operations, etc.
• Conduct quarterly, or more frequent, update meetings with energy services/operations, tenant services, interior construction, and security to build team communication and address any areas of concern. Hold these supporting departments accountable for meeting deadlines and expectations that affect their team’s performance. (lease projections, interior construction (TI) cost trends)
• Ensure team consistently cross-trains and follows processes established by process improvement manager. Provide recommendations to add, remove or alter current procedures and/or policy.
• Perform competition inspections for best practice generation, research competitive set for innovative ideas and strengths/weaknesses.
• Involvement in community and industry organization in a leadership capacity (committee member, board member).
Qualifications, education and experience required:
Candidate must primarily have a positive attitude, be a consummate team player, flexible and self-motivated. Candidate must have a four-year bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ experience in commercial real estate management. In addition, candidate must be competent in the Microsoft Office packages to include Outlook, Word and Excel. Individual must also demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience in data base management and maintenance also a plus. Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
• All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
• The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
• This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than “at will” employment relationship.