Manager – Corporate Communications and Outreach Cabarrus College
Plans and strategically designs communications plans, initiatives and programs system wide that builds awareness of the organization’s brand among teammates and community with specific targeted emphasis on goals and priorities. Manages multiple projects, possibly oversees a team and exhibits decision making skills and effectively sets priorities.
• Develops, creates, plans, implements and monitors the College’s communication and marketing strategies ensuring they align with the College’s and Atrium Health’s brand initiatives.
• Serves as the marketing liaison with internal and external constituents; interfacing with departments and teammates across the organization, including senior staff, as needed and as • appropriate, on issues and matters related to the College’s marketing and communication goals and priorities.
• Creates, writes, edits and manages press releases, articles and newsletters; including but not limited to the Annual Report and Today Magazine (annual publications).
• Serves as the College’s webmaster; including coordinating, writing, and editing content. Manage Search Engine Optimization, design and manage digital marketing campaigns.
• Writes, edits, and manages all communication and postings to the College’s social media sites.
• Collaborates with the members across the organization to develop annual plans and programs that effectively integrate marketing strategies that are measurable in design and execution.
Prepares narrative explanations of analyses as appropriate and contributes to project final deliverables, preparing progress updates along the way and suggesting potential solutions to project barriers.
• Creates, operationalizes, and assesses outcomes of a strategic plan for the student body’s activities and programs that result in active student engagement from entry to exit.
• Plans, coordinates, and implements student activities and programs including but not limited to orientation, convocation, commencements, awards ceremonies, scholars’ events, student LiveWell initiatives, Admissions open house events, non-academic programs of benefit and interest, administration lunches, student lunches and the community volunteer service program.
• Oversee and advise all student clubs/organizations and serves as advisor to the Student Government Association.
• Collects data to assess outcome effectiveness and value of student activities and programs and uses data to inform future activity and program delivery.
• Interfaces with departments across the organization, with senior staff and with other critical functions staff as needed and as appropriate on issues and matters related to the goals and priorities of the organization.
• Budget Management Responsibilities
Works primarily in office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work. Position requires walking around campus and/or other facilities. Must be able to drive and have access/use of a personal vehicle. Requires reading materials, speaking clearly on the telephone, and operating computer keyboard. Occasional lifting of documents or supplies.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, communications, journalism or business required. Master’s Degree preferred. Minimum of 7 years experience required. Experience managing personnel directly or indirectly is preferred. Has a working knowledge of digital marketing tactics and channels and experience working with social media in a professional setting. Event planning skills and experience preferred. Experience with graphic design, copywriting and social media content management. Website Development experience preferred Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once. Excellent written and verbal skills required. Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.