Mortgage Licensing Specialist
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Wyndham Capital Mortgage (WCM), founded in 2001, is a Fintech Mortgage Lender headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our cultural belief is to empower our team members to enrich their lives and careers while working with modern technology, robotics, and automation to eliminate repetitive work and leverage our employee’s human potential and highest-value work. At Wyndham Capital Mortgage, we intend to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our jobs and lives. Your involvement will translate directly to continuous improvement in our systems, processes, and customer experience. We believe your experience at WCM will catapult your career growth and nurture your life’s journey.
Risk and compliance team:
The Risk and Compliance Team at Wyndham Capital Mortgage helps identify and manage risk and regulatory responsibilities across all federal, state and local consumer mortgage lending rules and regulations. The team focuses on several key risk types, including regulatory compliance, reputation, operations, strategic, conduct, financial crimes, information security, and technology risk. The team manages the Compliance Management System (CMS), conducts Risk Assessments, evaluates and enhances preventive and detective controls, performs compliance monitoring and data analytics and develops remediation/corrective action plans.
The Risk and Compliance Team also is responsible for federal (CFPB) and state exam management, investor and partner audits, WCM’s Complaint Management Program, Vendor Management Program, as well as development of policies, procedures, training, controls, reporting and other support for risks relating to the entire mortgage lifecycle across 47 states and D.C. Regulatory responsibility includes but is not limited to: Fair and Responsible Lending, ECOA/Reg B, FHA, UDAAP (including for Marketing/Social Media), HMDA, Reg Z/TILA, RESPA, FCRA, SCRA, SAFE Act, TCPA, ESIGN, CAN-SPAM, Reg P/Privacy/GLBA and BSA/AML/OFAC.
Wyndham Capital Mortgage is looking for a Mortgage Licensing Specialist I who has deep mortgage licensing experience for loan officers, branches, and WCM, which is licensed across 47 states. Must have knowledge of the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) licensing requirements for all states to ensure accurate licensing. Oversee data to ensure documentation is properly provided and maintained according to state guidelines and regulations. Closely monitor NMLS for review of company, branch and individual filings requiring additional information per the state’s request. Enter in new states and withdraw from states when needed to process employee onboarding, and transitions.
What you will be doing:
• Maintain records, compile information and submit the necessary forms to various state licensing agencies to become, maintain or withdraw individual, branch and/or company licenses.
• Establish and maintain all applicable Secretary of State filings, city business licenses, and surety bonds.
• Coordinate with applicants to ensure a smooth transition to WCM while maintaining compliance with organizational policies and government regulations.
• Update and maintain licensing information in Company System of Record.
• Communicate reasonable expectations to applicants and Managers on timing of transition.
• Procure the needed information, reports and documentation to submit complete and accurate licensing packages in a timely manner.
• Monitor and follow up with licensed staff to ensure continuing education is completed in a timely manner.
• Prepare reports for Manager to communicate license status, renewal status of individual, branch and/or company licenses.
• Research licensing pre-requisites of new states selected for company licensing as applicable.
• Complete annual and quarterly state renewals.
• Assist with quarterly call report submission.
• Assist in administering company’s online compliance training system.
• Interface with other departments as necessary to ensure the smooth operation and growth of the Organization.
• Ensure that an environment of teamwork is always maintained.
• Maintain the highest possible level of customer service.
• Assist with daily problem-solving and troubleshooting.
• Cross train for other departmental duties.
• Additional responsibilities as required or needed.
What we need:
Wyndham Capital Mortgage needs someone with deep expertise in knowledge of state and federal NMLS licensing requirements to ensure WCM and its employees are appropriately licensed. A team player with the ability to dive in, work independently (remotely) and proactively.
The successful candidate will have a depth of mortgage lending licensing experience within the financial services industry, ability to collaborate with a diversity of stakeholders, strong team mentality, be driven to grow professionally and personally, and brings:
• One or more years of experience working in mortgage lending licensing within a financial institution across
• Advanced knowledge of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act
• General knowledge of federal (CFPB, FCC) and state compliance requirements and upcoming changes that impact Fair and Responsible Lending, ECOA, UDAAP, TILA, RESPA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, SCRA and the residential mortgage lending industry
• Strong analytic and decision-making skills required with a high degree of accuracy
• Aptitude to work remotely, independently as well as part of a team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Time Management skills and the ability to prioritize workload based on department needs
• Flexibility to adapt and succeed in a dynamic environment and work remotely
• Strong PC skills with mortgage software experience. Encompass experience is a plus
Are you someone who:
• Strives to provide +1 Service to ensure success, to both internal teams and external clients
• Excited to work with a Fintech Mortgage Lender and new technologies, including robotics
• Has the upmost integrity, period
• Is naturally curious – you enjoy seeking out and applying new things in your job
• Knows how to make smart, informed decisions
• Has passion for your job and positive energy that is infectious
• Cares about your work and performance, and you want to provide impact across the organization
• At times, can be innovative and not afraid to bring big thinking and ideas to the table
• Is able to deliver influential communication to others
• You take your work seriously, but not yourself. You like to have fun at work
• Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Pre-tax health spending account (HSA)
• 401(k) plan (with company match)
• Company provided life insurance
• Pet Insurance
• 8 hours of Volunteer Time Off
• Employee discounts (fitness, phone)
• Wellness events