Mobile Security Strategy Architect
The Mobile Security Architect is an individual contributor who reports to the Mobile & Malware Security Strategy lead on the GIS Cybersecurity Technology Strategy & Design Team.
In this role the Mobile Security Architect will have responsibility for identifying, defining & developing technology strategy across mobile infrastructure security, device security and related technology systems security, and the assessment of new and emerging enterprise scale mobile security technologies.
You will leverage your background in delivering, implementing & architecting mobile security technology combined with experience in organizational and cross-functional communication to develop mobile security strategy, influence roadmaps, solution adoption, champion strategic opportunities / execution plans with the aim to improve security capabilities, reduce risk and position forward looking platform security enhancements.
Key areas of focus include comprehensive understanding of emerging mobile security challenges; mobile malware, mobile application security risks, mobile OS issues, emerging mobile threats, mobile management platforms (& capabilities at scale), vulnerability analysis, remediation, evolving industry trends, techniques & tools.
We’re looking for inspired, creative thinkers who can develop innovative strategic security solutions to complex business problems.
• 5-10 years of experience in large scale mobile security technology platform engineering, design, architecture or strategy (experience in developing security strategy highly desired / preferred)
• Extensive knowledge of mobile hardware & software security
• Strong working knowledge of mobile management platforms (experience with Blackberry UEM. VMware Workspace ONE highly desirable/ preferred)
• Experience with mobile threat detection and defense techniques preferred
• Experience with mobile application security testing & analysis preferred
• Ability to interact with senior technology and business management and explain complex technical matters in a way both technical and non-technical personnel can understand
• Ability to undertake and complete tasks independently, meet schedules and delivery timelines, and to move swiftly from concepts and theory to action
• CISSP or equivalent preferred
The ideal candidate will have experience in several of the following areas:
• Extensive knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
• Mobile threat detection
• Mobile encryption, mobile app containerization
• Network & endpoint firewalls
• Remote access
• Mobile authentication (FIDO, OAuth, etc.)
• Mobile management platforms
• Mobile application management & software delivery
• Mobile app software development experience including app signing across platforms
• Code protection, obfuscation, tamper resistance
• Threat modelling
• Threat hunting
• Penetration testing
• Enterprise Architecture governance and process (in a large enterprise)
Enterprise role overview:
Participates in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. Contributes to the determination of technical and operational feasibility of solutions. Develops prototypes of the system design and works with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations, as well as mentor junior band 5 Architect 1’s. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 7 or more years of architecture experience.